Would you replace this tire?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
I have a set of stock size shinkos in the garage ready to go on. Should I go ahead or just run these for a while once I get my bike running. The tread depth is great front and rear, but I'm a bit concerned about the cracking. I know that they've been sitting for almost five years now...
63bf1d53-0915-8c23.jpg

63bf1d53-0928-3479.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No way! Change em out. Your safety isn't worth trying to squeeze a few more miles out of dry rotted and cracked tires.

Cool. I'm on the way to the shop to get it done right away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

:punk: Hey, Throw them away. I change my tires every year so I don't have to worry. $300 is cheap insurance for your saftey. Good Luck, Spurs

Toss 'em,

Although It might be fun to mount 'em up for one big massive burnout till they pop:punk:

Captured on video for the forums pleasure of course:biglaugh:

smoke 'em and throw them away. tires, brakes man. its a lot cheaper than a crash even at 5mph. let alone highway speeds.

Toss 'em,

Although It might be fun to mount 'em up for one big massive burnout till they pop:punk:

Captured on video for the forums pleasure of course:biglaugh:

now who does not enjoy a good long burn out, ahhhh the smell freshly burnt tire, now that is what the Dr. ordered.
:clapping:

I've found this on 3 sets of Shinko's now-bias ply. After about a year or so. They grip, are great in rain, but I'm all for chuck um when they crack.

Sorry, guys. Got the shinkos put on today and the bike is still in pieces, so no burnout for the masses. Maybe I'll try it at the end of life of the shinkos. Those were avons that were on there, they were pretty hard, especially compared to the new ones. I will be putting together a reassembly/resurrection thread as the progress continues. Thanks for all the help.

Back