VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow sorry to hear about your bike, I'm also glad you are OK.... Now you have me concerned, I found out today the VMAX I bought last weds. was lowered in the front which I didn't notice until it was brought to my attention today by someone in the forum. I just got in my yamaha case guards, should I be worried?

Wow this is my 7th VMAX since 1985 but the first one that was not completely stock so it's weird, I feel like I'm new to the bike........lol

I hope the guards you had and different than the ones I have and I hope I will not have any problems.. any advice would be appreciated

Ron

Wow sorry to hear about your bike, I'm also glad you are OK.... Now you have me concerned, I found out today the VMAX I bought last weds. was lowered in the front which I didn't notice until it was brought to my attention today by someone in the forum. I just got in my yamaha case guards, should I be worried?

Wow this is my 7th VMAX since 1985 but the first one that was not completely stock so it's weird, I feel like I'm new to the bike........lol

I hope the guards you had and different than the ones I have and I hope I will not have any problems.. any advice would be appreciated

Ron

the OEM guards don't stick out as far, as far as i know...

you can always pop ur forks back up, its easy enough!

Oh so THIS is the reason why you weren't able to come out to Ottawa this weekend. That really sucks dude!!!! Following suit with everyone else, thank the Lord that you escaped unscathed. You're REALLY lucky. I got in an accident on my bike a few years back and ended up with a broke leg because of it.
I'm sure you'll have your bike back up and running before you know it. Determination plus the love of the ride will get that bike back together faster than any NORMAL person. And by normal, I mean only has 4 wheels instead of 2.

No pics of the damage. I'm not big on posting up pics of of my damaged stuff... My ego took a HUGE blow (LOL) so the sooner I get this fixed the better. The nice thing is nothing that can't be replaced got scratched or damaged. The frame and motor are spotless.

Well I got a hold of Tom at COO as I think I owe him the chance to talk about this. I want to make sure this isn't a flaw that can be fixed in the future. Do they truly need to be this long? These are all things he's going to look into for me before building me a "one off" (lol) shorter set to fit on my bike.

Tom's a great guy to talk to so give him a call with any of your needs. He's busier than hell so he can get backed up but I believe if you know this going in it makes it easier to deal with.

Remember too that my bike is lowered 2 inches with a lower profile tire so it's more than 2 inches over all. (THAT makes a difference)

Cheers,
Chris

Well I got a hold of Tom at COO as I think I owe him the chance to talk about this. I want to make sure this isn't a flaw that can be fixed in the future. Do they truly need to be this long? These are all things he's going to look into for me before building me a "one off" (lol) shorter set to fit on my bike.

Tom's a great guy to talk to so give him a call with any of your needs. He's busier than hell so he can get backed up but I believe if you know this going in it makes it easier to deal with.

Remember too that my bike is lowered 2 inches with a lower profile tire so it's more than 2 inches over all. (THAT makes a difference)

Cheers,
Chris

Chris ,

PM Jedi as he has made some and extras as he had some for sale here , they looked shorter than my stock ones . :punk:

Chris ,

PM Jedi as he has made some and extras as he had some for sale here , they looked shorter than my stock ones . :punk:

Chris ,

Have just checked to see he has some and they are powercoated black .
Checkout www.trademe.co.nz type vmax into their search bar . Sorry dont know how to do the link thing , he also has his radiator guard on there 4sale aswell . :punk:

Attachments

• Steve's engine guards.jpg
    Steve's engine guards.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 19
OK well I got the faux cover back... It came out pretty good but it's not perfect. It'll do though... lol

I spent about 2.5 hours on it last night wet sanding and polishing it. It's still VERY fresh paint so I need to wait for the solvents to bake out of it before waxing.

I still have probably another hour of polishing work to do with it.

Tools used... 2000 grit w/sand paper, 3000 grit w/sand paper, 3M finesit on my orange pad, Adams SHR and MP on my white pad and Revive polish on my gray pad and all pads were on my Porter Cable D/A polisher.

I saw some more issues with it, so I will do more tonight...

It HAD 7 coats of clear on it... It's probably got 4 now... :biglaugh:

It's all coming together, albeit slower than I'd like.

Second pic is a reflection pic. I think with another hour it'll be worth showing to other people...

Attachments

• 100_0580.jpg
    100_0580.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_0581.jpg
    100_0581.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back