VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris sorry to hear that but atleast you are ok its a bummer but the max can be fixxed. i am sure you will be happy with the marks system.
Chris

Sorry to hear this bro..

So let me get this right, the reason for dropping it was that you beached the engine guard 'cos the bike is lowered? How low are you, front and rear?

That sure is some important info for anyone running a lowered Max!

Just read what happened to you, sorry to hear about the bike - those that it has happened to can really feel your pain.

Was sitting on my bike on a gravel shoulder and the wife decides to jump on - the bike that is - and I wasn't ready - bike went over on it's side - amazing how much gets damaged so easily.

The faster it gets fixed, the faster the pain goes away.

Good luck

Mike

Sorry too and I can relate to the feeling, before Xmas I left mine in neutral running on the sidestand on uneven ground when I went to pick something up that I had bought, knocked on his door and heard a thud only to turn around and see my max on its side . I posted about this awhile ago. Not to feel disheartened I immediately ordered new bits and some extra bits I had always wanted anyway. The pain eventually goes away when it's looking better than it did before the crash.

You predicted this over a year ago.

Yep... Waited over a month for them too... I am gradually removing material from them too...:whistlin:

They may have to come off if they keep touching down...:stickyman:

found this when I was searching for tires, posted on 9/25/07

Yeah I know... I should have taken them off... TRUST ME!!! I'm kicking myself right now.

The bike IS staying lowered BUT the COO engine guards HAVE to go.

I'll be looking at some Walker ones which are black or Maleko sent me a link to some other ones I still need to look at.

I ended up calling Mark back last night and told him to make the baffles 2-1/4" instead of 2.5" as that would have been WAY to loud IMO. Thanks Maleko for opening my eyes! lol

I am still going with 14" cans though. I can always cut them down if they look goofy.

Chris

Chris, sorry to hear about the bike man, but am glad you are ok. Now I am going to play devil's advocate here. How low is your bike? SnowMax is lowered 2.5" in the front and my COO case guards have NEVER hit the ground even when I have leaned over far enough I was right on the edge of lowsiding the bike. Heck just to get mine to touch I would have to lay my bike almost on its side anyways. At 5 mph to get your bike over that far I would say that it would have gone down if you hit dirt, grit, sand, or anything let alone an engine guard. Going that slow the bike is uber unstable leaned that far over. Hell any engine guard would have dug in and dropped you. Not to be an arse, but I don't see how you can blame the guards. Of course I wasn't there so I may be wrong, just finding it hard to swallow.

Hope you can get it fixed soon and for a reasonable expense.

This is the second time I've hit the guards. I guess I lean mine over further... lol

It may have been both dirt and the guards but I wasn't on the gas that hard and the way the bike just up and fell out of under me makes me believe it was just that.

What ever it was... The guards are coming off ASAP. It's not worth trying it a third time.

The walker ones are tapered and the point that sticks out is quite a bit higher up.

Chris

I would avoid the Walker ones is you lean that far... hell you may be the first person I have met that can ride in a horizontal position LOL:biglaugh: You may want to avoid case guards entirely. That way you can lean far enough to grind the cases off the bike hehe. My bet is that you got lucky the first time and this time you were on your way down and the case guards did their job and saved engine damage. As I said though I am glad that you are ok, bike damage costs only money, but damage to you can be permanent.

Sounds like you need to trade the Vmax in and get a trials bike......:biglaugh:

You MADMAN you.....:rofl_200:

I have scraped pegs.....I have watched my buddy scrape the primary and exhaust on his HD in a set of S curves.....

Some of you guys do stuff I would not even think about.....

MADMEN.....buncha'frikennutsItell'ya.....:clapping:

MAN CHRIS , THAT BLOWS ! GLAD YOUR "OK" ! THATS ONE THING THAT SUCKS ABOUT A MOTORCYCLE , 5 - 50 MPH CRASH , STILL COST'S ABOUT THE SAME TO FIX , AS LONG AS THE BIKE DOESN'T TUMBLE !..:confused2:

""Anyone running these on a lowered bike... TAKE THEM OFF NOW!""

Shit!, I sure hate to hear about your mishap, Chris. I'm sure you will have her looking better than ever soon enough. So, I'm lowered 1.5 in the front, but have stock wheels. Do you really think my COO frame sliders would be an issue with that slight of a drop? Good luck with the build back and let me know if you need stock mirrors and signals.:biglaugh:

Yeah let me add that I am not 100% sure that this was caused by them. I DO know I have touched them down before however which made me believe that this was the issue. Like I told Jim, I wasn't really watching what was happening when it happened. I only know what it felt like...

They will be coming off.

Yeah let me add that I am not 100% sure that this was caused by them. I DO know I have touched them down before however which made me believe that this was the issue. Like I told Jim, I wasn't really watching what was happening when it happened. I only know what it felt like...

They will be coming off.

Are you sure it wasn't your exhausts that lifted you off?

The holeshot exhaust is not going to hit. It is narrower than the stock and sits higher. By the time the exhasut would hit your wheels are long off the pavement.

Correct! No noise was made... It was just boom! Me on the ground. Doesn't really matter how any more... I just know it did and it's looking to cost me well over 2000 to get it back right.

Chris

Back