• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB VBoost connector

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danny,

Just curious, are you specifically looking for only those two exact connectors? The reason I am asking is if it is a repair, there are tons of male/female 4 pin connectors you could use in place of the stock ones. Hmmm, maybe Danny is working on a top secret project and needs those specific connectors...lol.

Todd

Danny,

Just curious, are you specifically looking for only those two exact connectors? The reason I am asking is if it is a repair, there are tons of male/female 4 pin connectors you could use in place of the stock ones. Hmmm, maybe Danny is working on a top secret project and needs those specific connectors...lol.

Todd

Yeah Todd, those two exact connectors....but I'm under a federal gag order regarding this project....sorry. :hmmm: :hihi:

I have them new! how many do you want?

G

I knew someone in here had posted before having those connectors. There you go Danny. I know I didn't get my security clearance for this project so I will have to be kept in the dark once again. Not that the dark is unfamiliar territory. :confused2:

Danny, if Ganons don't work I have a harness that I will snip.

I have them new! how many do you want? look here: http://www.myconnectorstore.com/Pro...emart_category_id=31&virtuemart_product_id=86 look at in 360 degrees! My website is not fully functional just an FYI.

Thanks G

Thanks G but I need to be certain it's the exact same dimensions as the original VMax one so I'll get the one from twistedmax.

Definitely will keep your site in favorites tho, you have all kinds of good stuff there! :clapping:

Danny, if Ganons don't work I have a harness that I will snip.

I was thinking about you Rick but didn't want to put you on the spot by asking if you'd cut up a harness....that would be perfect tho, exactly what I'm looking for....thanks. :worthy:

Danny, just send me a pm so I don't forget, I'm at work right now. I'll snip it tonight.

Thanks G but I need to be certain it's the exact same dimensions as the original VMax one so I'll get the one from twistedmax.

Definitely will keep your site in favorites tho, you have all kinds of good stuff there! :clapping:

I was thinking about you Rick but didn't want to put you on the spot by asking if you'd cut up a harness....that would be perfect tho, exactly what I'm looking for....thanks. :worthy:

I have used the connectors from Gannon on the Ignitech TCI I sell. His VBoost round connector mates up with the servo motor connector fine.

Gary

They are the exact connectors :confused2: I have plugged them into my Vmax to verify them. All the connectors I have fit Yamaha :punk:
G

I have used the connectors from Gannon on the Ignitech TCI I sell. His VBoost round connector mates up with the servo motor connector fine.

Gary

Always in too much of a hurry :bang head: I hate splicing wires it just gives that one more spot to short out or corrode

they come with all the pins to crimp onto the wires ? id take three. should I order online or pm you.
thanks

All pins are included :eusa_dance: if additional pins are needed they come in packs of 10 for $1.25 . PM me for purchase. The website is not fully functional :bang head: for payment yet.

Thanks G

Gannon,

What type of crimper do you recommend for oem type terminals? I've seen a lot of opinions on the web but it seems to good ones are expensive and if I'm going to spend the money I want to make sure its the right set.

All pins are included :eusa_dance: if additional pins are needed they come in packs of 10 for $1.25 . PM me for purchase. The website is not fully functional :bang head: for payment yet.

Thanks G

pm sent. thanks

Gannon,

What type of crimper do you recommend for oem type terminals? I've seen a lot of opinions on the web but it seems to good ones are expensive and if I'm going to spend the money I want to make sure its the right set.

I have tried all of these , I have looked into getting some for my website however the min qty to order is a little too high for me.

#1 Economy model: Not the tightest crimp but will get you by. Ebay $10-$30
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEREN-D-SU...ltDomain_0&hash=item20b5c942d4#ht_4513wt_1018

#2 Mid range: A little better crimp than number one, a bit more bulky and to be honest I like #1 better even though it gives a looser crimp. I have seen this set on Ebay from $24-64 ish
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Open-Barrel...pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item565173305a&vxp=mtr

#3 Better Quality: These are way fast and have outstanding crimping quality. They do both crimps at the same time. Being a ratcheting style you get a tighter crimp with the leverage built into the tool. Otherwise you better have strong hands for the styles above. Ebay $35-75 ish ( These are what I now use )
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crimping-To...ltDomain_0&hash=item589cd7d8b1#ht_2958wt_1255

Or you can go all out and spend some real $ ( I do not own these) They look a bit bulky but are the shiz nit since they are actual AMP brand crimping pliers. Never seen them in person but I bet they do a wonderful job.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMP-CERTI-LOK-CRIMPING-TOOL-169400-incl-dies-for-4-terminal-sizes-BRAND-NEW/300915512499?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D16099%26meid%3D8361605327006989750%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D7683%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D380588513457%26#ht_357wt_958

Hope that helps :confused2:

G

Back