New 500 & 750cc Harley models

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That IS interesting....there might be a market there for smaller size street bikes, have to keep an eye on this. :blink000:

Everyone is jumping on the smaller bike bandwagon... Wasn't expecting HD though. :confused2:

Also a good way to introduce water cooling without pissing off the faithful. :biglaugh:

I had a gut feeling HD were heading in this direction with WC.
In fact, good on them for keeping inline with the real world and actually hope they do well in this area.

Of course the toothless bandanna morons won't like it but but who phucking cares about them.

I know there's a Harley faithful that slam the Japanese bikes for trying to look like a Harley. But have any of you guys seen the VStar Bolt? The marketing of this Harley is strikingly similar to how Yamaha has been marketing the Bolt. Even down to the bearded guy with the open face helm and glasses. Good looking bike though. I wonder what the price point will be for it.

Also, the website says "Coming in 2015" -- really?

VStar Bolt link below:
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/682/0/home.aspx

Looks like a Shadow or the Bolt. Good for them to realize not everyone wants to spend $15K-33K on a bike.

I say, the 500 is $7000 & the 750 is $8500 w/plenty of options to add $2K+ to those prices.

Harley's been missing out on this Band Wagon for a long time. Wonder if they'll sound like a Harley or like a Rice Bike. I talked in person with Harley's Southern Regional Manager in 1994 about the company getting into smaller bikes. The feeling then was that Harley wasn't being made for people who wanted Baby Bikes... That was at a time when I was a HOG Chapter Director and had a little problem over wearing a 1% clubs support patch on my HOG Vest. :rofl_200:Now, they advertise on Sons of Anarchy.:confused2::ummm:

I'm getting so much mileage out of this:rofl_200:

Wonder where the engines REALLY come from? Built here for North American market, and in India for the rest of the world...

I have to admit, I like them. +1 Jedi, the faithful most likely won't have anything good to say about either. And right, who cares? 6 speed and water cooled. If they're overhead cam they really have something now.

Harley's been missing out on this Band Wagon for a long time. Wonder if they'll sound like a Harley or like a Rice Bike.

They are a 60-degree vee, so they won't have that potato-potato sound the H-D crowd likes. That only comes from the 45-degree vee with the firing order that H-D tried to patent. But at least maybe they won't vibrate themselves to death.

In the Harley specs it said that it has a 15" rear tire I wonder if manufacturers will make a radial that size.

Because Harley is making a couple of new bikes with that size tire just thought there might be more options from manufacturers in the future. Since Harleys are are so popular.

Lovely.

Baby V-Rods long overdue.

......and YES!!! ....... Yamaha should NOT have abandoned the 1200 v4 vmax and should have an intro model V4 cruiser (that is not radioactive).

Because Harley is making a couple of new bikes with that size tire just thought there might be more options from manufacturers in the future. Since Harleys are are so popular.

but a radial wouldn't help anything, nor do i think its possible with such a high ratio.

bias ply maybe.

Wouldn't raidails help with handling? That seems to be the consensus. I seems like the tire profile would be smaller maybe.

Back