back to stock headlight....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good catch... i used babbits to look up the parts on boats and it seemed to go good. those p/n's seem to be good. the ones in the PDF also show up but don't show as many results thru boats.net... I wonder if it has to do with the fact that those are showing as "loading...." in the pdf?

Strange stuff with these part #'s. Don't know quite what the deal is with all of this. Maybe it does have something to do with where it says loading:confused2:. I'll have to be careful in the future with that. I've ordered a couple things so far and it's all been good with the part #'s. Sorry if I put any bad info out there but I figured a doc from the dealer couldn't be wrong.

Strange stuff with these part #'s. Don't know quite what the deal is with all of this. Maybe it does have something to do with where it says loading:confused2:. I'll have to be careful in the future with that. I've ordered a couple things so far and it's all been good with the part #'s. Sorry if I put any bad info out there but I figured a doc from the dealer couldn't be wrong.

no worries at all man. you definitely helped out...

if you use either of the part #'s on boats.net it shows the same description, so if its supposed to be a screw its a screw, spring a spring, etc.. so it maybe just be they changed manf for the parts at some point and some changed?

anyone interested in the headlight? its easy on easy off...

i just didnt' care for the look...

Attachments

• n27801519_31196409_7851.jpg
    n27801519_31196409_7851.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 14
  • n27801519_31196410_8411.jpg
    n27801519_31196410_8411.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
  • n27801519_31196411_8745.jpg
    n27801519_31196411_8745.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 10
  • n27801519_31196412_9603.jpg
    n27801519_31196412_9603.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 7
anyone know what part #8 might be?

i assumed it was the spring that holds parts 1/2/3 together, kind of like a clip, but i could be wrong... any thoughts?

says its the "spring, set"

Attachments

• 1170_headlight[1].jpg
    1170_headlight[1].jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 12
anyone know what part #8 might be?

i assumed it was the spring that holds parts 1/2/3 together, kind of like a clip, but i could be wrong... any thoughts?

says its the "spring, set"

Garrett-Part # 15 holds 1,2 &3 together. There are 2 screws that go thru # 1 into the housing at about 8 & 4 o'clock.

Garrett-Part # 15 holds 1,2 &3 together. There are 2 screws that go thru # 1 into the housing at about 8 & 4 o'clock.

hey danny..... i'd disagree actually

i think 15 holds 1 to the bucket itself (part 11ish)...

if you take those bolts (15) off, the lense/ring and back comes out in one piece and if you look on the back there is a clip that holds it kind of all together...

i'm pretty sure that's what #8 is...

hey danny..... i'd disagree actually

i think 15 holds 1 to the bucket itself (part 11ish)...

if you take those bolts (15) off, the lense/ring and back comes out in one piece and if you look on the back there is a clip that holds it kind of all together...

i'm pretty sure that's what #8 is...

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

You are correct, part #15 holds the whole front assy to the bucket.

Can't tell exactly what #8 is. 6 passes thru 7 and is held by 9, it makes sense that 8 is the clip, but the picture doesn't really show that conclusively. :confused2:

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

You are correct, part #15 holds the whole front assy to the bucket.

Can't tell exactly what #8 is. 6 passes thru 7 and is held by 9, it makes sense that 8 is the clip, but the picture doesn't really show that conclusively. :confused2:

i agree... i'm pretty sure it is. i think the picture just sucks at showing it. it basically looks like a 'w' but they show it at the wrong angle... i can't imagine needing anymore pieces than I do already...

#8 is referred to as a 'spring set,' part #9 is the 'adjusting nut'...I think #9 fits into#8, holding the 'set' together against the back of the lens itself.

I agree, the illustration sucks! And those little parts are pricey as hell too!!

Both of those pieces are used to adjust the headlight...not sure whether it's up/down or side to side.

Found that fische here: http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

They are a yamaha dealer.

I converted their entire parts fishce into individual pdf files for my own reference. It took about an hr for me to do it so I guess it will save me time down the road and maybe some others too. Main reason I did it cause it seemed easier for me to manipulate the drawings (zoom in) in pdf format, than it is on all the dealer sites. So now if I need something I just look at my laptop, zoom in so I can see it and print off the part#s I need and call around.

Call me a copy-cat but I just did the same thing. It sounded like a good idea. I never liked the way some sites don't zoom-in too well and distort either. Especially considering this is something I use quite often. Worth the investment in time. Thanks for the idea/motivation.

#8 is referred to as a 'spring set,' part #9 is the 'adjusting nut'...I think #9 fits into#8, holding the 'set' together against the back of the lens itself.

I agree, the illustration sucks! And those little parts are pricey as hell too!!

haha i think we're still on different pages... i got mine apart and will take pics when I get home...

i think 6 (bolt) goes into 7 (spring) and screws into 9 (nut). plus the fiche says you need 2x of 6,7,9, but only one of 8.

if someone has their headlight housing apart from the bucket, take a pic of the back of it... haha

I just read the rest of this thread after posting my previous comments...
Is there a problem with the part numbers listed on the Babbit website? Or is it just description issues??

I just read the rest of this thread after posting my previous comments...
Is there a problem with the part numbers listed on the Babbit website? Or is it just description issues??

if you looked up either p/n they showed the right description on like boats.net or something...

i wonder if its like an old vs new part #, but are compatible.. i guess only way to be sure would be to call up a yama dealer and ask them to look up both p/n's and how they order them... one might be discontinued and show its replacement?

Nah, not mine!! I'm too lazy to go out in that cold barn and take the thing apart!!:rofl_200:

I pilfered it from another thread.

i dont' blame ya man! i was wondering if ya did...

anyways the 'set spring' i'm trying to show is just off camera so i will def show what i'm talking about when i get home in that pic i see 6,7,9 pretty clearly on both adjustments...

after an epic PM chat, danny and i see eye to eye finally, in a conversation that should have NEVER gone this far about a tiny part, i will post a pic tonight on what the hell i've been talking about.. haha

can you get a shot straight on of the back of the housing (that's hanging?)?

headlightbacksl9.jpg

Latest posts

Back