back to stock headlight....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
so after being unhappy how my 'ironhorse' headlight looks i think i'm going to go back to stock. after looking at the spec for the headlight i found a list of parts I need to put my casing back together.

I need parts:

6 (x2)
7 (x2)
9 (x2)
15(x2)

I will probably also get a new bulb, no idea how this one is since its been sitting a while.

I'm also going to have to see what the electircal connections look like on the current aftermarket one. hopefully I won't have to re-wire a new one in but I will find out tonight...

so anyways i guess my question for you guys is 3 main things:

1. From the pic provided, parts 6/7 have the same part #, once you look up the part #'s, does that make sense? But on all part fiche's it lists as needing 2 of each...

2. Does anyone have any of these parts I could buy off of them used?

3. Does anyone have their headlight apart I could see what the electrical is supposed to look like?

Thanks in advance guys....

also it looks like i may be selling the ironhorse headlight if anyone thinks they might be interested...

if anyone wants to see a pic of it goto my album, all the pics have my headlight on them...

Attachments

• 1170_headlight[1].jpg
    1170_headlight[1].jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 25
1. From the pic provided, parts 6/7 have the same part #, once you look up the part #'s, does that make sense? But on all part fiche's it lists as needing 2 of each...

#6 SKU: 341-84331-60-00
SCREW, RIM ADJUSTING
2 $4.92

#7 SKU: 1A0-84332-60-00
SPRING, SCREW
2 $3.87​

These are the part #'s I come up with bro. 2 screws and 2 springs req'd.
I don't have any of these parts to help ya out with but I figured I could at least help with the p/n's

Attachments

• Headlight.pdf
    98.1 KB · Views: 7

#6 SKU: 341-84331-60-00
SCREW, RIM ADJUSTING
2 $4.92

#7 SKU: 1A0-84332-60-00
SPRING, SCREW
2 $3.87​

These are the part #'s I come up with bro. 2 screws and 2 springs req'd.
I don't have any of these parts to help ya out with but I figured I could at least help with the p/n's

good stuff man..

thats weird, where did u get that? any yamaha dealer's websites I went to had them listed as the same part, along with bikebandit...

i woudl think yamaha dealers websites would be right...

EDIT: nvm i found it at powerpartsplus... cheaper than the yamma dealer too. i do'nt know if those are yamaha part #'s tho...

Found that fische here: http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

They are a yamaha dealer.

I converted their entire parts fishce into individual pdf files for my own reference. It took about an hr for me to do it so I guess it will save me time down the road and maybe some others too. Main reason I did it cause it seemed easier for me to manipulate the drawings (zoom in) in pdf format, than it is on all the dealer sites. So now if I need something I just look at my laptop, zoom in so I can see it and print off the part#s I need and call around.

good to know thanks man...

boats.net always seems to have the cheapest stuff, wonder if anyone has tried ordering from them?

those p/n seem different than what i saw on the dealers website but they do search right so we'll see..

talking to jeff right nwo about maybe having the parts already so if i get everything from him, all the better, if not, then i'll have to do some searching...

Edit... also any interest in sharing the pdf's? I'd love to have a copy its a wicked good idea esp w.yamaha part #'s...

I do know that Yamaha has had many discreancies on their microfiches when it comes to wheel bearing sizes and rotors.

When researching my options for aftermarket wheels w/ stock forks or R1 forks and looking at the different ways to do the set up.

i talked with a couple bearing manufacturers and Galfer, they both told me that yammy has always had the discrepancy problem, when taliking about wheel bearings and rotors that is.

I know for a fact the listed R1 wheel bearings are wrong.

This is kinda odd.... the fische I go to @ Extreme Powersports says:

#6 Rim adjusting screw
p/n #90157-04001-00
$5.83

#7 Screw spring
p/n #447-84332-60-00
$4.70

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

This is kinda odd.... the fische I go to @ Extreme Powersports says:

#6 Rim adjusting screw
p/n #90157-04001-00
$5.83

#7 Screw spring
p/n #447-84332-60-00
$4.70

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

yea those look right. looks liek the only 3 yamaha dealers i know off are all using the wrong database

Found that fische here: http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx

They are a yamaha dealer.

I converted their entire parts fishce into individual pdf files for my own reference. It took about an hr for me to do it so I guess it will save me time down the road and maybe some others too. Main reason I did it cause it seemed easier for me to manipulate the drawings (zoom in) in pdf format, than it is on all the dealer sites. So now if I need something I just look at my laptop, zoom in so I can see it and print off the part#s I need and call around.

Mike,

The p/n's in this link agree with the p/n's I found at Extreme Powersports, but they don't agree with the p/n's in your pdf file??

I don't get it, how did those numbers change?:confused2:

Mike,

The p/n's in this link agree with the p/n's I found at Extreme Powersports, but they don't agree with the p/n's in your pdf file??

I don't get it, how did those numbers change?:confused2:

good catch... i used babbits to look up the parts on boats and it seemed to go good. those p/n's seem to be good. the ones in the PDF also show up but don't show as many results thru boats.net... I wonder if it has to do with the fact that those are showing as "loading...." in the pdf?

some of the p/n's have the numbering scheme that could give a clue to diameter/length as sean had mentioned to me a while ago.. but others don't... as well

anyways... just wondering if anyone has their headlight apart too so they could snap a pic of the wiring as well... i'd like to see what its supposed to look like and compare that against whatever i encounter tonight...

thanks in advance...

Not sure if this will herlp but here are a couple.

headlight1qj2.jpg

headlight2xa5.jpg

Not sure if this will herlp but here are a couple.

kj those are perfect thanks man!

what is the white plug next to the headlight plug for? doesn't look like its attached to anything?

thanks to everyone to helping me out.

the aftermarket headligh went right into the stock wiring harness so i'm all set, plugged in my stock headlight quickly and it works great!! kj and mark thanks for the pics and info

jeff is hooking me up with some of the missing hardware so i can see if the HW store down the road has duplicates so that will help a ton!

danny and mad thanks for the parts # n whatnot!

i'll probably offer the headlight up for free to someone here, if someone wants it.. so if you are interested shoot me a PM...

I already hit the hardware store so you will have new screws, and I'll send you my old springs so you should be good to go! I'll try to get them out tomrrow. I see you are already a forum supporter so just do something nice for someone else sometime... or buy me a beer if we ever meet up.:punk:

I already hit the hardware store so you will have new screws, and I'll send you my old springs so you should be good to go! I'll try to get them out tomrrow. I see you are already a forum supporter so just do something nice for someone else sometime... or buy me a beer if we ever meet up.:punk:

thats awesome bro.. i really appreciate it...

i got a few rounds on me if we ever meet up.. and as kj told me to i will def pay it forward

thanks again!

Latest posts

Back