• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1986 VMAX for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meamor

Reaction score
I am selling my 1986 Yamaha VMAX with only 6k original miles. Title in hand. Typical paint peeling on the engine, clutch, and brake master cylinder. Needs Clutch and brake master rebuilt. Great project bike. Bike is too nice to part out. I'm asking $1350 obo. I'm in Virginia Beach. I can send pics if requested.

Last edited:
Yes, sounds like a good candidate for someone w/o $$$ to get a low-mileage bike which can benefit from some time instead of $, hopefully.

So, does the clutch work at all? In other words, would someone be able to ride that thang home?

Too bad Virginia Beach is not closer to my beach here in SW Florida.
Alorio will give it a good home.

I got some pics, but think I deleted them. I passed also, just too far away to make it worth while, once you pay 500 bucks to have it shipped. You could always see if a U-ship clown could do it cheaper?

I haven't heard from him, you have any details on the bike?
I passed on it because it does not quite pass the smell test. He said "how do you post pictures on here".If you look at his album he has pictures posted and 2 of them are of the Vmax he is trying to sell. If you look at his statistics under all post made by him the Max is a barn find and has been sitting in a barn for 25 yrs. and more pics of the supposedly barn find. He has signed on 1 or 2 times since a couple of us has sent PMs and yet NO REPLY.

I passed on it because it does not quite pass the smell test. He said "how do you post pictures on here".If you look at his album he has pictures posted and 2 of them are of the Vmax he is trying to sell. If you look at his statistics under all post made by him the Max is a barn find and has been sitting in a barn for 25 yrs. and more pics of the supposedly barn find. He has signed on 1 or 2 times since a couple of us has sent PMs and yet NO REPLY.

+1 Talked with him on the phone a couple times....seems like a decent enough guy, but he won't commit to the price he offered me in a PM....keeps saying things like "I need to talk to this other guy" or "I'll see if something can be worked out..."

He mentioned meeting halfway in Philly, told him I would meet him TODAY with cash in hand....even sweetened it up by $100....but still no commitment.

I can't do business that way....besides just about the last thing I want to do is drive to Philadelphia! I'm backing away from this one too. :eusa_snooty:

Back