2008 Toronto Spring Motorcycle show

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
All,

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that the Ontario Chapter had a boot this past weekend at the Toronto Spring motorcycle show. It was great getting to meet up with quite a few Vmax enthusiasts and hanging with Buster Saturday night. Attached are some pics of my Max and Brad Cornish's '85. Both bikes were entered into the show, mine in Asian Street class and Brad's in Vintage Asian, and both got 3rd place in their respective classes:punk:. Hope to see some more of you folks at the Spring Ice Breaker ride the last weekend in May!!

Attachments

• 2008 Spring show 003 rev2.JPG
    2008 Spring show 003 rev2.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 2008 Spring show 007 Rev 2.jpg
    2008 Spring show 007 Rev 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 28
  • 2008 Spring show 006 Rev2.JPG
    2008 Spring show 006 Rev2.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 2008 Spring show 008 Rev2.JPG
    2008 Spring show 008 Rev2.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 29
All,

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that the Ontario Chapter had a boot this past weekend at the Toronto Spring motorcycle show. It was great getting to meet up with quite a few Vmax enthusiasts and hanging with Buster Saturday night. Attached are some pics of my Max and Brad Cornish's '85. Both bikes were entered into the show, mine in Asian Street class and Brad's in Vintage Asian, and both got 3rd place in their respective classes:punk:. Hope to see some more of you folks at the Spring Ice Breaker ride the last weekend in May!!

Way to go Jim, 3rd place!:thumbs up: Not bad as you said there was only 2 entries! LOL! j/k :smileystooges: . Congrats to Brad too on his award winning bike. I see you never got the scantily clad women to pose by your bike. :sad2:

We tried, but greedy women wanted money LOL. The 2 ladies that did pose though were awesome:eusa_dance:. Thanks for all the help, it was great hangin out with ya. BTW I have a seat up for auction LOL.

Jim, what bike won in the class that your bike was in? Was it one of the bikes we looked at?

Jim, what bike won in the class that your bike was in? Was it one of the bikes we looked at?

It was the Venture Royale w/ $50k in chrome and the special display. A protest was filed after the show by someone on my behalf as the 1st and 2nd place bikes were considered builder customs and should have been in the Level 3 show not Level 2. The show organizers are now going to change the format to say that any bike with a display and is obviously a "non-daily rider" will have to be in the Level 3 show. Should open it up a bit to guys like me:biglaugh:

Jim that's you in the second picture right.

At the last show in 07 fall, nobody was there.....I was pissed. I looked all over the place for a Vmax booth. The closest maxer I found was a guy at a nearby resturant who was wearing a vest. That was it.

Is it possible to get a Who's who in the pictures for those of us that don't know you.

Thanks!

Ok, a who's who:

Pic 1: The girls from Girls Ride 2 who wanted to pose on the bikes

Pic 2: Me and my Max w/award for 3rd in Asian Street

Pic 3: Me and Troy from Twisted Motorcycle clothing (he is making a t-shirt design for the Ontario Chapter with the theme "Twisted to the Max")

Pic 4: Brad Cornish, Eastern Ontario Chapter Leader, with his 85 Max that placed 3rd in the Vintage Asian Class.

We are planning on having a booth at the Winter Supershow in January 2009 that will be big enough to display 4 or 5 Max's (10ft x 30ft). This was our first year back in the show since 2004. There is considerable time investment setting up the space with the event organizers and unfortunately nobody wanted to take the time since then. As I have taken the lead with this I will be setting it up every year so we will be there.

Back