89 Vmax brakes first of many questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atp51

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and a new owner of an 89 Vmax. It needs new rotors and I was hoping that somebody can tell me if rotors from my 02 R1 will fit? Some sites have the part numbers as the same others don't:confused2:. The reason I'm asking is the ones on the R1 are good and I was going to put them on the Vmax and get wave rotors for the R1. I really don't want to take them off to check then put them back.
Thanks for the help

Measure their diameter. If they are the same you're fine.

It's unlikely though, as 85-92 Maxes have smaller diameter rotors and forks, they went up in size in '93. You can fit the bigger rotors (or aftermarket wave ones - cheap from China) but you'll need adapters for your calipers that Steve (Jedi) or Sean (one2dmax) can make for you.

Oh, and welcome to the best Vmax site on earth! Introduce yourself and post some pix of your ride..

Attachments

• P1080495.jpg
    P1080495.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 22
Measure their diameter. If they are the same you're fine.

It's unlikely though, as 85-92 Maxes have smaller diameter rotors and forks, they went up in size in '93. You can fit the bigger rotors (or aftermarket wave ones - cheap from China) but you'll need adapters for your calipers that Steve (Jedi) or Sean (one2dmax) can make for you.

Oh, and welcome to the best Vmax site on earth! Introduce yourself and post some pix of your ride..

Thanks I don't know why I didn't think of that:shot: I guess I was thinking bolt pattern. Either way your right there bigger on the R1.

I am working at getting it cleaned up (It has been in storage for the last 7 years I was told) after I get it looking decent I'll get some pics and introduce myself properly.

Get the late model rotors and find 'Busa calipers/adapters. IMO!

Latest posts

Back