9sec 1st gen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's ZERO argument or difference of opinion involved in calling BS on a "stock" Vmax turning 9's

These bikes gave been around almost 30 years, no stone has been unturned in discovering what they are capable of in stock form.

Unequivocally they are most certainly NOT capable of 9's in stock form, doesn't matter who you are or how much you weigh.

If by stock you mean internally stock engine with every bolt on you can throw at it; it's STILL not possible....

Nitrous might get it there but even in that case I still don't think so.

Nitrous MIGHT get a bone stock otherwise 1st Gen max into the 9's... or the engine will let go, possibly spectacularly.

I myself would be happy to break into the mid to low 11's on a stock Max. With my weight, better times should be possible, but I have to take my lack of experience running one down the 1/4 into account.

Question, you got an idea what kind of hp would be needed for a Max to break into the 9's? It's got me curious now.

I am gonna guess 175 hp w/a longer wheelbase, wider tire, chain drive, & an experienced rider. So since an average VMax does ~110 RWHP, you are looking at a 50% increase in power and less of a driveline loss due to shaft drive by going to a chain drive, a wider wheel so the power can get to the ground, and someone experienced-enough to use it all correctly. The surgeon's scalpel isn't how the patient is treated successfully.

Last edited:
wonder if that max in the video is a cdn or us dude...regardless one fast bike. i couldn't see the time on the video but neet anyhow.

I've run in the 8's many times on my bone stock Max.
With just a little assist with my Jedi® patented launch control system it works a treat!

Attachments

• pra?ka.jpg
    pra?ka.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 29
I watched Rich Croce's Gen1 Vmax run 10 flat at 140 something MPH. And that was with a horrible 60' . Definitely had a much better time in it, probably mid 9's on a good day with the right jockey.

His bike made 200 HP on pump gas though.......not stock like your magical Vmax Jagco1.

I watched Rich Croce's Gen1 Vmax run 10 flat at 140 something MPH. And that was with a horrible 60' . Definitely had a much better time in it, probably mid 9's on a good day with the right jockey.

His bike made 200 HP on pump gas though.......not stock like your magical Vmax Jagco1.
Yeah that bike had a lot of work done to it. I had quite a few parts off of it . I think I sold everything but the whole made cowl. Bill Warner used the motor in his Max he ran at Bonneville.

My max is magical too, damn why so harsh

My 8.74 @ 150 Pass on the Suzuki only made 177 rwhp. Weight was less and the 60' was incredible (1.23).

I have seen a 9.44 pass on a vmax that had a 1260cc engine but it had a turbo setup too (though the owner probably weight 350+ lbs too). Not going to see 9's on a stock engined bike without a lot of effort to lose weight, get a slick, and have a tiny dude driving (and the weather/track be perfect).

My max is magical too, damn why so harsh

That's harsh? Holy smokes.......you have to have some pretty thin skin think that.

He has bragged that his stock Vmax has run 10 flat at 144 MPH which is not possible.......he'd be laughed off of any drag racing forum with a statement like that.

Then I can only guess to make his lie not looks so bad he keeps claiming other stock Vmax's have run 9 second 1/4 miles.

He's told me that I don't know what I'm talking about, when the truth is he's a bullshit artist.

That's all, I'm just calling him on it. No big deal........I won't say anymore.

9 second stock vmax... lol... I wont even touch that one.

I watched a heavily built Gen 1 Vmax run a 10.70 a couple weekends ago. I believe someone said a 1500 + motor etc. It was a bad ass bike. I am sure with a good rider it could go low 10's.

9 seconds on a stock vmax gen 1 bike, with a shit ton of juice is about the only way you'll get there. And you'll get there only once, maybe twice LOL!

Todd

I've never seen it or been able to get one to perform at that level (and i'd like to think I am a decent rider). Stock engine's just don't make enough power (without assistance) to run that kind of MPH or time.

So, according to the math you only need 119 rwhp with an 800lb combined rider/bike to get to 10.99 second et. This does not factor in anything like weather conditions, altitude, traction, wheelies, rider skill, ect... 800lbs is a fairly light rider or quite a bit of weight removed from the bike.

My weight (240lbs suited) and 610lbs for the bike (which is too low in my opinion) would require 127 Rwhp to get the same magic 10 second pass. I have done this ONCE with a stock engined bike at our local track (which doesn't have a very good record for providing optimal conditions). The average runs around here for me range in the 11.30's-11.50's unless it's a very nice day. My average 60' times are high 1.60's to low 1.70's so not too bad for the HP these bikes make.

To get into the 9's I would need 168 rwhp for the same weight calculation. Again this is with everything perfect. You'd only need 159 rwhp if you weight 50lbs less.

Sean

That's harsh? Holy smokes.......you have to have some pretty thin skin think that.

He has bragged that his stock Vmax has run 10 flat at 144 MPH which is not possible.......he'd be laughed off of any drag racing forum with a statement like that.

Then I can only guess to make his lie not looks so bad he keeps claiming other stock Vmax's have run 9 second 1/4 miles.

He's told me that I don't know what I'm talking about, when the truth is he's a bullshit artist.

Sorry I live in the phosphate pits in Florida, not NY. Maybe the sun fried my skin here. I'm no racer, so I don't know. You can say all you want, I learn from you guys. I just don't want to see this blow out of proportion. I like the Vmaxforum community without all the booger eating

Problem is.... talk shit and you'll get smacked down by the guys that know their shit.

End of story.

Talk shit and back it up... well then continue to talk shit till someone smacks you down.

Bottom line.

Todd

If he is a "bullshit artist", then he is drawing stick figures with them cow patties.
Seriously, he cannot even BS good.

I think I will continue to listen to those who have a ton of experience with the Vmax, and what it can and cannot do. Maybe someday, I will know as much as some of you guys... (Seriously, this place is a goldmine of knowledge. It's sad when some come in trying to make themselves look smarter than those who have owned and worked on these bikes since they first came out)

Pee wee was running 10.60 I believe in 85. He is also 130 pounds suited and can ride. My best ever pass is 11.13@122 and I 60footed like a girl. I'm pretty sure it would go a 10.98 or .99 Not to be a "mart" ass

Look bro, I told you I will, I will put my bike back together for track...

You started this sh, I never side a stock vmax running 9s, I did not bragged about my bike I just posted my times what it ran in 2013. I yes there is local guy in VA all most 9s on 1st gen that look stock.... no extended swing arm....

Like I side you get your bike and, I will run my bike... 3 races you me I will beat you off line all 3 races and you come to no times... A few of my friends that also still drag race bikes will go with me to help on load my bike off the truck.

Like I side we don't have to like each other, And the bullshit thing. I can back this up in lot of ways if you like to go there with me.... Like I side bro you lost don't have my respect.

There's other people that can work on and make vmax run 10s ..... not hard to do.

I told you - I will prove it only you on the track... what my bike runs...
No nos, I don't run a extended arm all motor.

It's seem if I say anything about bike run or times, You have this hate thing about it... all because posted my track times. And that's when this started...

Y'all need to let this go or accept the challenge. The challenge sounds fun for y'all track types. The challenge also sounds darn honest and the gentleman has now offered to make his max track ready for your pleasure.

All that said, why dispute the claims? Stock looking means very little as far as mods go. Heck, I've built my share of sleeper cages ... surprised many a Ferarri and Porsche when the beat-up, grocery getter bmw 2002 dusted them with help from the M3 motor, dog leg 5 speed, and 4 wheel coil over suspension hiding within (track, of course). Yes, it is harder to hide mods on a Max, but nothing is impossible. Point is: there is a big difference between stock and "stock looking." Give Sean a 5 figure budget and the mission to build a "stock looking" Gen 1 ... you may well see the 9s.

Yes, I have an insane appreciation for the sleepers. I don't see much payoff in making a sleeper out of a Max since it's pretty much a target for anything that does go fast well.

Share the love.

Latest posts

Back