9sec 1st gen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagco1

Reaction score
9sec vmax on youtube.

Stock vmax lowered extended swing arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvlp088To7A

There's a local vmax guy that has a stock vmax running high 9s in the VA.MD. location. I meet 1 him time Colonial Beach drag trip. I never race him though.
I'm not racing my vmax at the track any more. Just doing the cruising seen now.

I thought you guy's would like the youtube video.

IF the engine is stock, then he is spraying a good sized shot of nitrous.

Something like that would be incredible to see in person.

I would like to see him to.

Jamie not sure what track it is.

No nos on the bike.

At the time I was running my vmax, I would only run in races that had non nos bike,

Looks like napierville dragway
I checked the other vids the guy loaded, and one of them, taken at the same track, confirms it is Napierville.

9sec vmax on youtube.

Stock vmax lowered extended swing arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvlp088To7A

There's a local vmax guy that has a stock vmax running high 9s in the VA.MD. location. I meet 1 him time Colonial Beach drag trip. I never race him though.
I'm not racing my vmax at the track any more. Just doing the cruising seen now.

I thought you guy's would like the youtube video.

I took a look at the uploader's youtube page, and I would guess that the Max was one of his opponents. Seems he is the owner of the R1 that got beat in that race.
And looking at the video posted here, I can tell you that the bike is NOT a stock Vmax. At the very minimum, it does have a non stock front wheel. A good deal lighter one from the looks. I am willing to wager the rear wheel matches, and probably a chain drive conversion. Could not fully tell with the low quality of the vid, but it kinda looks like the Max squatted and not jacked up when hammering on it at the start of the race.

The chain drive would do that, and that also frees up power to the rear wheel.

Just does not seem possible with a stock bike, but you can see if you look close that there are some mods. MAYBE stock motor, but I am doubtful on that, to be honest.

Humm. Looks like at 0:38 sec, it looks to be a stock rear drive unit. Not a chain drive. IMHO

Humm. Looks like at 0:38 sec, it looks to be a stock rear drive unit. Not a chain drive. IMHO

Yes looks like a shift to me to, In 2012 / 2013, Seen 3 1st gen running 10s that look stock. 1 guy running high 9s bike look stock to, I wish the guy that was shooting the video was on the other side. where we can see the bike better.

I don't know why you keep posting this stuff. You claimed a while back you ran 10 flat at 144 mph on your mostly stock Vmax. That's not possible.....

Are there Gen 1's that have run in the 9's it low 10's? Sure....highly modified ones with very skilled riders on board.

Ask Sean, he has plenty of experience running Vmax's down the track.

I don't know why you keep posting this stuff. You claimed a while back you ran 10 flat at 144 mph on your mostly stock Vmax. That's not possible.....

Are there Gen 1's that have run in the 9's it low 10's? Sure....highly modified ones with very skilled riders on board.

Well you don't me, I don't no you, I no my times and the people that no me. No what all my cars and bikes have ran. I was not talking about me you made this comment. You are making this about me I'm not sure why and then to through Sean in to it...

I no what my vmax can do. I seen what other's ran local.
Maybe some can get off the line better than you.

Mart ass, Will not comment about Sean because like him, I thought about you comment a little more. I will set my bike back up to race Thursday, not this weekend, But any of the next weekend before it gets to cool, on sunny day not to cool. I will load my bike on the back of my truck with in 200 miles from Bowie MD- Meet you only any track 3 races No nos I will beat you every f/n race..... You will see my times. I don't have to prove anything here. But for you only you mart ass it's on.... You lost my respect... bro....

Kyle gets in the 10's on stock max, but I think he's pretty skilled at it too. Me on the other hand being unskilled & never been on a track & weighing 250 would probably be embarrassing

Kyle gets in the 10's on a stock 'Max, but I think he's pretty skilled at it too. Me on the other hand being unskilled & never been on a track & weighing 250 would probably be embarrassing

He is planning to leave the state, but I heard a rumor his engine that accomplished his 10 second runs is staying behind...:punk::biglaugh::worthy::thumbs up::surprise:and it's been freshened...

Attachments

• headwork.01.jpg
    headwork.01.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 40
  • headwork.02.jpg
    headwork.02.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 37
  • headwork.03.jpg
    headwork.03.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 37
Kyle gets in the 10's on stock max, but I think he's pretty skilled at it too. Me on the other hand being unskilled & never been on a track & weighing 250 would probably be embarrassing
Yes I have had a couple in the high 10's I have been down the track a couple times but would not consider myself skilled drag racer just something I do for fun once in a while. I will say at over 200 lbs its hard to get a stock max in the 10's & I highly doubt the one in the video is close to stock.

There's ZERO argument or difference of opinion involved in calling BS on a "stock" Vmax turning 9's

These bikes gave been around almost 30 years, no stone has been unturned in discovering what they are capable of in stock form.

Unequivocally they are most certainly NOT capable of 9's in stock form, doesn't matter who you are or how much you weigh.

If by stock you mean internally stock engine with every bolt on you can throw at it; it's STILL not possible....

Nitrous might get it there but even in that case I still don't think so.

Back