Accel. pump linkage?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I've seen the term "accel. pump linkage" cited on the forum but don't know what it is or where it is on the Max.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Elimax

Yeah the accel pump is hooked to the carb chains which are run off a hydralic system fed off the turn signal fluid.

They're a son of a bitch to get at but usually work great.

Chris

other carbs have accel pumps for sudden throttle openings. dont' think the vmax carbs have anything like that?

I have a feeling it may be related to carb chains.. :biglaugh:

Yeah the accel pump is hooked to the carb chains which are run off a hydralic system fed off the turn signal fluid.

They're a son of a bitch to get at but usually work great.

Chris

I'm disappointed here guys, these responses took about an hour, I expected the "carb chain" link (get it....link???...chain...LINK??:rofl_200:) to show up within minutes!!! :punk:

are you takling about a choke linkage?

Nope, not choke linkage. I had found a post where "accel. linkage" was mentioned.

Thanks.

Elimax

sounds like your chasing a ghost link maybe its needs to be chained down :rofl_200:

OK it could be the accelerator cables linkage? That lil' junction box under the left scoop..

Nothing to pump here but then again you never know, if the carb chains were a little worn?

There is throttle linkage....throttle=accelerator, yeah..they're close enough, but the only pump in the system is the fuel pump.

Maybe the guy had a 4 barrell or something like that...? :confused2:

My flatslides have accelerator pumps

Alright someone HAS to come up with a carb chains T shirt logo

Well Buster does have the tshirt website up which allow for some customization. We could all add something like "home of the carb chains" or "carb chains guru"(Only for maleko?lol), "carb chain technician" or the like.

Back