Air scoop insert dwg...for lack of a better description

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdk203

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Cad file or Drawing...hell even a sketch of the inserts for the air scoops. Im just looking to save a little time here. Guess I could just trace them and get a pretty close templet but just wanted to ask. I have plans for them and dont wanna hack up the stock ones if I can avoid it.

I could probably make them for you tomorrow if you need them... I'm not going to say they will be 100% accurate, but should be very close.

Jeff

If Jeff dosn't get back to you first. I'll go through my archives I keep on a HD around. I have a set of AutoCAD dwgs for the scoop inserts among other Vmax parts.

Sweet thanks guys. I could make up a drawing sometime next week so don't go way out of your way for it.

If Jeff dosn't get back to you first. I'll go through my archives I keep on a HD around. I have a set of AutoCAD dwgs for the scoop inserts among other Vmax parts.

If you have them already, feel free to send them. I was going to have to make them. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll try to get it done this afternoon.

Jeff

My portable HD is going tits up. Looks like 3/4's of my files are corrupted.

I did recover the digitized version of the scoop inlays from an old DXF file. They are 1-1 scale and should print up that way. They just don't have the dimentions listed.

If you want them dimentioned, let me know.

Attachments

• scoop_inserts.zip
    319.6 KB · Views: 70
My portable HD is going tits up. Looks like 3/4's of my files are corrupted.

I did recover the digitized version of the scoop inlays from an old DXF file. They are 1-1 scale and should print up that way. They just don't have the dimentions listed.

If you want them dimentioned, let me know.

Should be good to go I don't have Cad on this computer but Ill pull them up tomorrow at the shop and probably go ahead make a set.

Thanks, Jason

Should be good to go I don't have Cad on this computer but Ill pull them up tomorrow at the shop and probably go ahead make a set.

Thanks, Jason

Sorry that not the complete set but like I said, it was digitized 1-1 scale, so it should be traceable just draw in the design of your choice. Pisses me off, not only did I loose 90% of my Vmax parts drawings, but the back up of my photographs, and mp3's.

Here is a free downloadable DWG and DXF viewer and printer.
http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/pages/products/DWG-DXF-Viewer.html

Thanks for these. I think I will make something up in Solidworks with logo's or pattern designs and offer them freely as DXF's if anyone wants them.
Might do a few sets in stainless steel. Same process as I made my radiator covers.

I hear you on the portable hd. We lost a huge block of pictures of my daughter from before she was one due a crap hd making them all corrupted. Hopefully our new HD lasts a long freaking time.

Shover, thanks again the files were perfect. I made up a set of blanks out of some plastic yesterday. They converted to DXF and loaded into the NC no problem.

JEDI, If you do any fancy designs and don't mind go ahead and post them up. I was considering trying to incorporate a design into mine when they're finished. Kinda thinking the stock mesh isn't going to allow for enough visibility in my idea. I plan to put LED's in the scoops as turn signals currently dont have any front signals on the bike. So I may have to incorporate clearance for LED's into a design.

Solid state drives won't have nearly as many issues. A portable drive with moving parts is never a good idea IMO.

Chris

Solid state drives won't have nearly as many issues. A portable drive with moving parts is never a good idea IMO.

Chris

You may have the cash for SS drives, but money here is pretty tight (wanna donate a terabyte or two? LOL). It's my fault the server and the portable drive went down, so I'm just more pissed at me more than anything else. I had the portable stored next to it, by the door to save place. Just ran a wireless kbd/mouse and an extention on the monitor cable to save space.

Needless to say I moved the server to another part of the house. I'm now setting up the garage's computer as a dummy terminal and with just internet and sound. It'll pull the vehicle info, shop manuals, records etc. from the server.

Before it was the garage computer/server. Until moving stuff from the garage. a -35 below hit messed with it when I had the garage door open.
I't was made from spare parts, so they were old to start with. I should have seen it coming. But now thats all been fixed. :clapping:

oh well, I'm glad the preliminary .DWG was good enough to get you going. While my bike is apart, I'm going to redraw the other parts and get my library back up to what it was.

Back