almost sold the bike today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
a guy texted me wanting to trade a colt anaconda .44 with a 6 inch barrel + cash.

i was like ya sure your gun blue books for 850 so ill give you a 1k cash credit for it. everything was going good and thats when he dropped the bomb shell

he was only gonna give me 2k cash.

dude GTFO!!!

as soon as he said it i was like sorry we couldnt come to a deal mang.

there is a 98 going for like 3800 he might be able to get though if he can sweet talk him down to 2500+gun. but his gun just isnt worth what hes asking

(i do start my price high to work people down) but 2k cash was insulting. thats what a clapped out cb750 goes for where im from. if he said 3500 i wouldve thought hard about it.... but im not desperate to sell until after august 21st i wanna go on the vmax ride

SO BAD IM GONNA DIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I am calling bullshit on that. To many Vmaxes have a ton of miles on here for that reason.

I second that... My 86' had 52,000 on it when I "foolishly" let it go for a very regretable $$$ and it ran CIRCLES around my 98' with less than a 1/4 of the miles on it. CIRCLES !!! Hands down, the 98' is set up exactly the way my 86' was, and there is NO comparison.

im gonna be rolling 20k on it and if i keep it another full season its gonna have 35k, i joy ride, commute, joy ride, entertain myself, visit people, i do everything on my bike. and with 80s technology i just dont know if its gonna last me 3 seasons

trust me i love vmaxes its the only bike i like, my last bike i bought with 14k and didnt have it a full year, sold it with 26.5k miles

i even asked my gf for a vmax tshirt for my birthday heh

If yiu take care of it, it will take of you - my last vmax had 112,000 miles on the original engine when I sold it and it now has over 120,000 miles last time I saw it. Only major issue I ever had was second gear slip at 80,000 miles.

Mike

ive changed the oil at least 5 times that i can for sure remember but i think 6, and ive changed the oil filter every time. i wish i kept better track of everything i do to it.

i changed the oil when i got it, rode it a couple thousand, changed it, changed it before i went to the dragon, changed it when i got back, and changed it again just a couple weeks ago.

i tore it down right after i got it too and went over everything lol... so itd have more miles on it had i not done that. itd be at 23-24k now for sure because i didnt have it up and running until march.

Speaking of mileage , did anyone have any issues with valve clearence/adjustments with their Max's ? Just the usual maintenance or something to keep an eye on in particular ? Just curious...

im also curious as to when these need a vlave job, i was told 26k but should i do it sooner? and usually how off are they at 26k?

When I sold my 99 it had 89,000 miles on it & ran like a top. I never done any thing but general maintenance on it & ran the shit out of it. I know I had at least 300 passes down the dragstrip on it.

ok guys well the economy has spoken, apparently an 03 is only worth 2500 cash, this is the offer im getting from more than one person its scary!!

"I'm xxxxxx from xxxxx, I want your bike... only have $2,500 cash
Any ideas? What can I do? Or $1,900 and a Colt 1911.

Just don't have enough to get to that 4,000 dollar mark, still need to purchse a helmet, riding gear like gloves and a jacket, insurance, plates, and title fees, taxes are gonna kill me on this one :-("

if i were to sell my max for 2500, what kind of bike could i "move on" to for the money? lol

honestly i think its worth more in parts.

keep in mind the 03s on up have all the updates, i feel sorry for anyone trying to sell an 80s or 90s model.

sean whats an 03 motor worth?

... so using that scale is a 98 worth 2k?
a 93 worth 1500

an 88 worth 1k?.

Back