Americade 2012

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do. My time there will be limited so I doubt I will but thanks for the offer. As a 'local' was does the latest weather report 'actually' mean?

Not much. This week a "60% thunderstorms" was bone dry all day, and the next day, which was "10% showers" it rained steadily all day long.

Scattered showers/t-storms are pretty common up here. The good news is that if you do hit one, it won't last long.

I went up that way Garrett. But, we took 91 to 4. 4 is a great route. I hope the weather cooperatees. On the way back, I took Dan-o's advise. 87 to 7 to 787. All highway, but much shorter if time is an issue getting back.
Steve

yea i'm looking to avoid those roads as i already see too much of them and have to be back in utica 4 staright weekend starting 6/23.

Not much. This week a "60% thunderstorms" was bone dry all day, and the next day, which was "10% showers" it rained steadily all day long.

Scattered showers/t-storms are pretty common up here. The good news is that if you do hit one, it won't last long.

so the 50% rain on saturday doesn't really mean much? might hit some for a few then clear up?

I know around here a forecast of 30% chance of thunderstorms is 99% that it will not rain. Our big influence is Lake Superior so we almost always have a 10 mph wind and a lot of times it is 20+ mph, which affects how fast the weather changes.
I normally just take the rain gear if it is something that won't be affected too much by rain or if the location I'm going to has a better forecast. Riding in the rain is not that bad for a short period but planning or having to ride all day in the rain is not something I would call fun.

agreed brian.

what about this route anyone know anything about rt 30 in VT?

it will take me about 45m to get to point A then i could turn on my gps:

http://goo.gl/maps/IqVy

Man that sounds like a good time. I want to go so bad. I have family obligations this weekend :bang head:.

Had a fun ride ridIng down from Montreal Sat. Up down rt 9. Got to try new vmax. Was everything I expected. Would have liked to compare to diavel but ducati got sold out real quick. Only got to see 3 vmax all day and too many Harley's. ;)

Will be back next year

I was at my friend's mcy accessory & parts shop yesterday & when I pulled in there was a Diavel Carbon, brand-new. I asked if there was an opportunity to test the performance of my Max against it, but no takers! He talked a good line, but "put-up or shut-up." When he left with his friend on a big sportbike there was much jizzing of the throttles and posturing like a Bike Week departure from Froggy's or the Cabbage Patch. I guess it's safer that way. He probably would have outperformed my elderly 20 yr-old bike, but we'll never know.

there was much jizzing of the throttles

Hmm, that's a new one. Guess you'd have to be left handed though. :biglaugh:

Techincally the Diavel would have a gen1 beat, but there's that "human element" that comes into play. How long is the race? how good is he at launching the bike? timing shifts? ect.

IME riders who "jizz" the throttle and in general make lots of unnecessary noise to call attention to themselves tend to not be very good riders. Since they're out to pose, not actually ride. You know, those 500mi/year types.

ended up taking this route:

http://goo.gl/maps/oqh8

it was a great awesome ride up saturday am and back sunday morning/afternoon

saw 2 vmax's there (aside from my brothers) but actually passed 1 on my way up and 2 on my way in MA and VT. funny.

ended up taking this route:

http://goo.gl/maps/oqh8

it was a great awesome ride up saturday am and back sunday morning/afternoon

saw 2 vmax's there (aside from my brothers) but actually passed 1 on my way up and 2 on my way in MA and VT. funny.
That Rt. works for me too. Next year I'm going to try to spend more time up there. I might even do a fall ride up there this year.
Steve

its worth it. plus being able to pass on the double yellows in VT

i live like 20 mins from Lake George and I seem to miss it just about every year! its always about the same time as breakdowns or overtime from work!

Latest posts

Back