Anyone ever install a hood scoop on a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saml01

Reaction score
Im talking about one of these.

scoop-6.jpg

I think I've seen something similar on a vmax that was running a blower. Whatever floats you boat, I'm sure it could be done. You looking to make it functional or just for looks?

I have considered it for the blower bike we are building. But, not sure if I like it.

Sean

I think if done right, it could look pretty cool. Would somebody use it WITH side scoops or in place of them? And if in place of them, what would you use instead of side scoops? Interesting idea...

well the vmax is built like a car, the tank cover is just a hood really

Only worry I'd have would be rain. I think it would look great as long as the installation was well thought out... It's a Cool idea far as I'm concerned...:biglaugh:

Why ? :confused2:

I meant you have the means to make the side scoops functional so ' why' put something right in front of you where the speedo and a windshield will be blocking most of the free flow ? A blower or turbo is one thing , a ram air effect needs speed and pressure to be worthwhile .

I meant you have the means to make the side scoops functional so ' why' put something right in front of you where the speedo and a windshield will be blocking most of the free flow ?

I no longer have a windscreen or a big speedo atop my triples. so I was thinking about different scoop/cowel as well. I'm thinking, when I get a few bucks ahead, I'm going to build up the sides of my morley kit with some stiff foam and then get this faux tank from Boxenstopp.

tankscoop.jpg

It has a functional scoop built-in. I think it would mate with the morley jet kit just fine :punk:

Here are some pictures of my bike below. As you can see, I get pretty decent airflow over the faux tank.

Attachments

• P1030119.JPG
    P1030119.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Tri_View.jpg
    Tri_View.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 48
may not be necessary? there's not as simple as we would like. with a random set of circumstances, suddenly, unexpectedly, all this will work as it should, could turn out badly. that we have? we get high pressure in the reservoir. and there must be a vacuum. due to air velocity, we gather in a little gasoline, but not the amount, as it should. and the better the system works, the worse the result will be. a very big difference will be in the fuel mixture at different speeds. Of course you can avoid it. only need to connect the fuel tank and the float chamber with this tract. to compensate for the difference between atmospheric pressure and intake tract. but there is a problem. will push the fuel everywhere. all leaks. I repeat once more. engine sucks air. air flow creates a negative pressure in the airlock. and sucks gasoline. plays the role of depression, which makes engine and the speed and flow. These values are fairly constant. and then you make adjustments, you change the vacuum unstable image. each time at different transmission, you have a different speed. various pressures. pressure change. and this change is nothing to compensate. this is not an injector, where there is a sensor that measures the pressure. where is the oxygen sensor in the exhaust pipe and adjust your mix. there is nothing that is not. efficiently than your systems, the worse the result. best case, no comfortable ride at different speeds. very bad option - burned a piston. may not be necessary? large effect that does not help. but the problem could be. no wonder Sean said that he did not like very much. not just. listen to expert opinion:) would be cheaper. If not enough power, you can always speed up the engine ... ask Seeana:) so right:)

may not be necessary? there's not as simple as we would like. with a random set of circumstances, suddenly, unexpectedly, all this will work as it should, could turn out badly. that we have? we get high pressure in the reservoir. and there must be a vacuum. due to air velocity, we gather in a little gasoline, but not the amount, as it should. and the better the system works, the worse the result will be. a very big difference will be in the fuel mixture at different speeds. Of course you can avoid it. only need to connect the fuel tank and the float chamber with this tract. to compensate for the difference between atmospheric pressure and intake tract. but there is a problem. will push the fuel everywhere. all leaks. I repeat once more. engine sucks air. air flow creates a negative pressure in the airlock. and sucks gasoline. plays the role of depression, which makes engine and the speed and flow. These values are fairly constant. and then you make adjustments, you change the vacuum unstable image. each time at different transmission, you have a different speed. various pressures. pressure change. and this change is nothing to compensate. this is not an injector, where there is a sensor that measures the pressure. where is the oxygen sensor in the exhaust pipe and adjust your mix. there is nothing that is not. efficiently than your systems, the worse the result. best case, no comfortable ride at different speeds. very bad option - burned a piston. may not be necessary? large effect that does not help. but the problem could be. no wonder Sean said that he did not like very much. not just. listen to expert opinion:) would be cheaper. If not enough power, you can always speed up the engine ... ask Seeana:) so right:)

Interesting шульц.. So your saying ramair could only work with fuel injection?
I know two people who are running it. Spyder13 and Donovan. I havent heard any complaints.

A true ram air system is difficult (but far from impossible) to tune on our carbs and the benefit is pretty much not worth it. What I see him asking about is purely cosmetic and a personal choice that I don't see hurting anything.

Interesting шульц.. So your saying ramair could only work with fuel injection?
I know two people who are running it. Spyder13 and Donovan. I havent heard any complaints.

no. Of course not only with the injector. but you should not delude ourselves seems to be just the solution. all is not simple. often must leave the problem, a solution which eats up all the fun of the action. Yes, we can always get more power, but price-to-user convenience. winning one, always lose in another. it is not easy tuning. when it works, give it a good judge. but its hard to get to work correctly. I personally had to move my car is on the injector. and this proved to be a simpler solution. if the operation takes place in the same range of speeds, such an acceptable solution. but this is unlikely. most users will use your bike in a wide range. and then make it work properly, very difficult. this is about, it seems like at the drain motor (factory) to put the throttle a large diameter. will work, but it is bad. deception. one mode to get better. another mode, very bad. Much work is needed to get a good all mode. when this work is carried out, the question arises. how effective solution. and then it often turns out that the price got too high. when the device is doing badly, the cost of improving a little. if, suddenly, unexpectedly device to work well, get a very big difference from the factory. a lot of effort and cost to achieve work well. man, you need to remember-engineer not a fool. (Especially the one who made this bike) if it were possible by inexpensive changes to improve, it would be done. Yes, we can force the engine. but it is expensive. we can improve the frame, fork and so on, but this is due to new technology ... that here? we uluchshit.no in a narrow range. or it is ineffective. I think so.

ha. I just do not understand? this masquerade? bluff? this beauty? so good:)
say: A good bluff is more expensive gun ...:punk::clapping::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Back