Anyone have Accent Lighting?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any accent lighting on their Vmax.

I am ordering a few LED's for the gauges - and I always wanted to do a little custom lighting to the max (nice Cyan blue accents on the engine).

Anyone ever do this?

If so - post some pics and what equipment you used.
________
Toyota GR engine history

Last edited:

I am ordering a few LED's for the gauges - and I always wanted to do a little custom lighting to the max (nice Cyan blue accents on the engine).

Anyone ever do this?

I have some red LED's ordered. I had LED's on my choppe, wired into a remote switch I got from Boogey lights (http://www.boogey.com/)

I liked the way it looked, all lit up at night during cruise nights, I can't wait to get my Max done up.

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 36
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
  • bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 28
Very nice.

I am anxious to see some on a max - because there ain't a whole lotta room to put em in :)

There wasn't a whole hell of alot of room on the chopper to hide them either. I bought the remote from boogey lights. and individual wide beam LED's off of ebay. I didn't use any pods The LED's hid real nice up under the tank, around the carb and the drive belt. Unless you knew where I put them you couldn't see them. I only used something like 10-12 if I remember right.

I think with the scoops, H-piece carb cover, as well as the chassis this is the route I'm going with as well.

Bob (noxx72) has the million color L.E.D. set up on his max and the look pretty cool.
He has them under the scoops and the carb covers I think.
You can ask him too.
Dave>:punk:

Didn't somebody grind off the backs of the 'YAMAHA' letters inside the scoops and light them up?

That sounded like a really trick deal to me. :clapping:

Killer chopper KJ!!

Noxx was also working on lighing in his scoops.

Thanks, Danny. If it didn't kill my back I would still have it.

Attachments

• citydock.JPG
    citydock.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 16
  • kj2.jpg
    kj2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 13
  • KJ_Chopper2.jpg
    KJ_Chopper2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 16
  • kj4.jpg
    kj4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 15
Yeah...really!!! Words you hardly ever hear....."Boy, I sure miss my hardtail!!" :bang head:

Aint that the truth, I have a few crushed discs in my lower back and in my neck. That bike was nice on smooth roads, but all the bumps were transfered to your head via your spine. :stretche:

The motor had plenty of pep. while riding, I downshifted, then hammered it. I ripped out several of the spokes. at 140hp with 140tq that El Bruto motor was a monster.

I got lucky, the pully was also spoked, but it didn't hurt it any. Good thing, it would have ran me another $700 to replace.

Anyone ever do this?

I did my Kawasaki 1200 ( Black with a black engine) for Thunder this year and found that if you don't have a lot of chrome or other bright shiny metal to reflect the LED's off of, it doesn't work well. Unless you have some hellishly bright LEDs, or a lot of them it's just not very bright.

I wanted to do my Max but I don't think I have enough reflective surface to make it work well. Now if you have some chrome, then flame on.

I had some with a remote control switch but it all made my battery go dead when not in use and I don't want to add a conventional switch to the bike so I ripped it all out. It looked cool I guess but it wasn't necessary for the bike to run and I don't show it so IMO it's not needed.

I don't miss it.

Chris

Anyone ever do this?

The PO had installed some mini LED's on the underside of the scoops (with sticky tape :ummm:) blue in color, they shine down on the motor. He installed a toggle under the seat and proceeded to wire it DIRECT to the battery..... I'll get some picks... I just wish they were both the same shade of blue.... :rofl_200:

Let's see some Vmax pics with the LEDS! Post em if ya got em!

Comming soon. I got email today saying my red LED's and the two tubes have been sent. Should be here next week.

I'm going to arrange the LED's to highlight the silver portions of my engine, wavy rotors, and N2O tanks. The tubes are going underneith the bellypan

here's my LED stop light - I like it, but it's only really bright when the main rear brake bulb is disconnected. I may need to change / take off the resistor..

LOL.. more LEDs coming soon ;-)

Attachments

• P1050050.jpg
    P1050050.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
Back