• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

As New Progressive Fork Springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemax04

Reaction score
Bought this set new and installed it but they were a bit stiff for me since I'm more of a hotrodder than a knee dragger. Took them out a day later. Have springs and instructions. $48 plus actual shipping charges.

Last edited:
How much stiffer over stock would you say these are? I'm running 10lbs of air in my forks currently because my froks are squishy. May be very interested in these.

Also, how's the install? I've never done fork springs before so is this a simple novice install or a "you better know what your doing" install?

Calimus said:
How much stiffer over stock would you say these are? I'm running 10lbs of air in my forks currently because my froks are squishy. May be very interested in these.

Also, how's the install? I've never done fork springs before so is this a simple novice install or a "you better know what your doing" install?
They are stiffer than the stock and you won't need to add air. These are for later years with the 43mm tubes. I think they started that in 1993. If you can change a spark plug, you can install different springs, piece of cake. I will give step by step installation procedures to whoever is in need.

That is a damn good deal!!

The springs are an easy install; If you can read you can do it.

When I ordered mine they asked me how much I wieghed...they for sure got rid of the brake dive....

mikemax04 said:
They are stiffer than the stock and you won't need to add air. These are for later years with the 43mm tubes. I think they started that in 1993. If you can change a spark plug, you can install different springs, piece of cake. I will give step by step installation procedures to whoever is in need.
SOLD!!!

Back