Award Request for twistedmax! -AWARDED-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Award Request for Twistedmax!

• Yes

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

CustomMax

Reaction score
- CustomMax

------------------
Sender Information

Userid: 4632
User Name: CustomMax
What is your name?: CustomMax

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 13
Name: Mod Monkey
Description: Awarded to users with innovative ideas that they have modded their VMax with.

Recipient username : Twistedmax

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

For designing an awesome seat that Yamaha didn't even think of
-----------------------------------------------------

Re: Award Request for Twistedmax!

I thought that this was something that the Mod Monkey gave. Of course I really don't understand the whole concept of the Mod Monkey yet. No doubt that Twistedmax is deserving but I believe we should hear from the Head Monkey on this.:rofl_200:

I thought that this was something that the Mod Monkey gave. Of course I really don't understand the whole concept of the Mod Monkey yet. No doubt that Twistedmax is deserving but I believe we should hear from the Head Monkey on this.:rofl_200:

It's always been handled by the members Dave....I don't think the MM has ever been involved in an award, well other than the MM of the month, of course.

Oh jeez, that would lead to confusion, wouldn't it! :ummm:

Being one of the first to have a MaxGasser seat I feel I was remiss in not nominating Twistedmax for this award.....my apologies Rick.....I guess I was so excited over the great seat that it just never occurred to me! :worthy:

Anyhow, absolutely!! This is a very well deserved award....and long overdue IMO!! :clapping:

I felt a vibration in the force today so I figured I had best check in and see what everyone was up to. What do I find but this thread. Even though the MMRB and myself have no connection to this award in this case I will personally give my Mod Monkey Seal of Approval. Though I have never sat on a Maxgasser seat the reports from my Monkey's in the field are that it is one hell of a seat and worthy of the MMSoA (gotta love those acronyms). Hopefully the forum staff will see fit to give this award which is most fitting:clapping:

+1, Great guy and one helluva seat maker as well. I have sat on one at the '10 Brownie Run (Unveiling to the public) and was very impressed how comfy it was, nice workmanship as well.

OK, with the MM's Seal of Approval, I'm in for a vote, Yes....

Just wanted to be sure the Monkey wouldn't bite me in my sleep or something.:biglaugh:

.....my apologies Rick.....I guess I was so excited over the great seat that it just never occurred to me! :worthy:

Anyhow, absolutely!! This is a very well deserved award....and long overdue IMO!! :clapping:

I'll vote him in too!!....Don't have a seat at the moment....but i've seen the "factory" first-hand.........And someone's putting out some quality workmanship...even if it is in his little 'ol garage.....:punk::punk:

........that and he's my closest distance VmaxForum brother..........:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Thank you Guys, for all the positive comments, I appreciate it.
Custommax, thank you for the nomination,I wasnt looking for it when I posted in your thread,I just wanted to point out that the things we ALL do to our bikes are to make them our own, not to please anyone else. Danny no apologies needed, you and Bill gave me the best award you could have ,faith in a brand new product and in my word! I THANK YOU BOTH!

to the rest of you who were at BR2010 ,the feedback you gave me kept me going, to date there have been 11 sold and two tried under the trail program I have and only two that didnt like it(both guys well over six feet and a little heavier the me)

Mike , you closest in distance brother you,the factory door is always open for you or any other brothers the may want to check it out.

The mm award would be cool,but really this is somthing I did for ME , and all those fellow maxers that were looking for a better seat.

Twistedmax: Be very proud of yourself for having the innitiative to bring out such a great product and keep it, "Made in the U.S.A.". Most everyone else would have faultered and we'd have another once great product, "Made in China".

I'm certain that this MM Award is yours. Now that I have a better idea of how the MM works and it is the members here that vote on it, You So Deserve the Award.

I believe Congrats are in order and safe to say,
Dave

yea i gotta say i recently purchaced one of ricks seats, and he made sure that i was 100% satisfied, great guy, and great buisness practice. he's got my vote:punk:

I was just surprised that you hadn't been up for this. Seems to me that you are more qualified for this award than anyone, it had nothing to do with what you said to me. You actually INVENTED something totally new and unique. Yamaha themselves didn't think of it.

There's lots of things Yamaha didn't think of. Decent seat, gas gauge, a real tach, stiffer frame, better brakes.

The maxgasser answered one more "eternal complaint" about the Vmax. I can see this seat being even more needed in states that have the "press fit" gas nozzles that force you to jam it against the filler neck. I got to a gas station in VT that had those and what a PITA! I had to physically hold the spring thing with my hand, then finagle it into the "trapdoor" and attempt to squirt some into the tank

Funny how the "no & "maybe" people never explain their reasons like the "yes" folks.......

There's lots of things Yamaha didn't think of. Decent seat, gas gauge, a real tach, stiffer frame, better brakes.

The maxgasser answered one more "eternal complaint" about the Vmax. I can see this seat being even more needed in states that have the "press fit" gas nozzles that force you to jam it against the filler neck. I got to a gas station in VT that had those and what a PITA! I had to physically hold the spring thing with my hand, then finagle it into the "trapdoor" and attempt to squirt some into the tank

Ryan, that's a vapor recovery system....it's designed to prevent gasoline vapors from being released into the atmosphere.

What it really does is prevent us from gassing up our v max's....you handled it the same way I do....pull the friggin' corrugated hose thing back and blow gas all over the place.....maybe some of it will actually get into the tank!! :bang head:

Latest posts

Back