AWARDED: Award Request for jbretthorton!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Award Request for jbretthorton!

• Yes

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SpecOps13

Reaction score
- SpecOps13

------------------
Sender Information

Userid: 4339
User Name: SpecOps13
What is your name?: Dave

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 13
Name: Mod Monkey
Description: Awarded to users with innovative ideas that they have modded their VMax with.

Recipient username : jbretthorton

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

All of us here in Florida have seen up close and personal the evolution of Brett's Gen II and followed him on the Drag Strip. At our Tech Day in Lithia Springs, the Ladies took a vote and came to the decision that Brett's Max was the Most Awesome Vmax there. It's taken considerable effort and testing on Brett's part, putting this "Bagger" into the 9's at the track....

Pictures: http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=792
-----------------------------------------------------

Re: Award Request for jbretthorton!

Gotta say 'yes' to a fellow FL 'Max'er, plus his pool is cleaner than mine, bike too!

That's gotta piss-off a lot of people to see him run 9's. Does he use the bags? It's a Q-ship" like the 10 sec. station wagons covered in rust. In the case of a VMax it's expected it would perform, but not everyone w/a Gen II can make it run 9's, so if he does it w/bags in-place, that's gotta rub a lot of the V-twin 'baggers' wrong!

Yep, just like you see in the pics, with bags running pump gas..
"V-twin Baggers" shit I piss off lots of liter bikes with 150 pound squids!

What mods have you done? I just saw a different ECU and some bolt ons and the akro slipons... Is any work done been done to the motor? Something not seeable?

Brett's spent countless hours perfecting the ECU Software with the developer. He's probably got more hours working on his Gen II in that and other mods than I have in SkullDuggery.

He was fixing a Yamaha known oil level light problem while we were at our Tech Day.. Brett also had 2 Gen I's prior to this Awesome Gen II.

This is for The Mod Monkey Award, not Bling... A lot of Brett's work is really appreciated when he twists the right grip... :biglaugh:
Ask Earl. He's probably still grinning.. He took a ride.... It Kicks Ass.........

Attachments

• Brett 1.jpg
    Brett 1.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Brett 2.jpg
    Brett 2.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 15
  • Brett 3.jpg
    Brett 3.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Brett 4.jpg
    Brett 4.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 13

+1. i love that it is a deceivingly stock-looking bagger. don't get me wrong i absolutely love bling. and bolting on countless pieces of chrome and aftermarket parts certainly deserves recognition as inspiration for us dreamers. but those aftermarket parts would be non-xistant without the efforts like figuring a way reshape or shoe-horn in kick ass rims using slabs that normally wouldn't ever touch a max (e.g., like what weasel and saterial, and jedi do) as opposed to wrapping radials around carrozzerias; are befitting of MM awards in my book.

so actually r&d-ing the recoding of the gen2's ecu flash and not just simply reflashing his chip with an aftermarket binary speaks volumes.

Thanks guys..
Spent another 3 hours today installing an aftermarket fuzeblocks.com fuse block. Both switched and constant, very nice kit...
Well.... thanks to all the guys that said yes... and a big FU to the guy that said no! HA HA!!

P.S. I had not really anything to do with the Tuning of the Tim's ECU.. I just prepped my bike for the Dyno (Different exhaust) and provided my bike for HIM to tune.. It is nice having the worlds best VMax tuner do his magic on your ride though! ;)

Butt Testing by Brett though... Haulin Ass in the 1/4 Mile....:clapping:

Scores 22 to 1 now.........

yeah, have put over 20,000 miles of beta testing for Tim... Thats true!
From Version 1 on up!

What mods have you done? I just saw a different ECU and some bolt ons and the akro slipons... Is any work done been done to the motor? Something not seeable?

I have to agree, what else has been done besides testing an ECU and a fuseblock?

Normally, when I vote on something like this I compare the nominee to past winners and what the award is for. Bolt ons and such, to me, are more of a $ award.
Request Information:
Award ID: 13
Name: Mod Monkey
Description: Awarded to users with innovative ideas that they have modded their VMax with.

I like your fuseblock, its a good find. If you do a write up here like you did on SVM, Not that you need it, it might get you more votes. Even the Gen I's fuseblock needs some help, yours might inspire others to upgrading theirs :clapping: The way you did it, is the way it should have been from the factory.

Latest posts

Back