Be sure to check your rear brake foot switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanneal

Reaction score
image.jpg

Mine needed adjusting. I had to depress the rear brake too far, before the plunger switch would activate. In other words, under light rear braking, my rear light may not have been activating.

Here is the image. The adjustment nut tightens clockwise.

Just a safety heads up!!!

This got me pulled over by Johnnie Law one time. Good thing I wasn't carrying at the time as I usually did back then in 86/87.

While the bike is warming up, I do a check on everything, lights, signals, brake light and horn. Just takes a few seconds. Probably should check tire pressure also but don't do it every time.

Discipline, good idea!! I never used to check tire pressure, then realized i had premature wearing of front due to low pressure riding.

Thx for the reminder.

I put a pressure activated switch in but it still is a good idea to have a pre ride ritual to do safety checks. I am guilty of not checking tire pressures especially during the work week, I am always in such a rush to get out the door it seems.:damn angry:

If my front tire pressure is low, the bike handles like a drunken pig missing one leg, trying to run 'figure-8's' (or so it seems). As others mentioned, I usually verify the f & r light functions, especially if running at night. Last year, I lost my headlight bulb to burn-out while on I-95 in Ft. Lauderdale.

I recall seeing in an old mechanical help column in one of the bike mags, it said, if you lose your front headlamp, and don't have a replacement available, remove your front running light lenses to expose the bare bulbs, instead of having them behind amber lenses, to provide you w/more light to get-home. Those of you w/the non-stock lights, this might not be of much use, but I actually like the stockers.

If my front tire pressure is low, the bike handles like a drunken pig missing one leg, trying to run 'figure-8's' (or so it seems). As others mentioned, I usually verify the f & r light functions, especially if running at night. Last year, I lost my headlight bulb to burn-out while on I-95 in Ft. Lauderdale.

I recall seeing in an old mechanical help column in one of the bike mags, it said, if you lose your front headlamp, and don't have a replacement available, remove your front running light lenses to expose the bare bulbs, instead of having them behind amber lenses, to provide you w/more light to get-home. Those of you w/the non-stock lights, this might not be of much use, but I actually like the stockers.

Plus it's usual just hi or low that burn out, not both

That's not a bad idea at all! I don't like the big lollypops myself, so I have very bright 3 x LED ones, but wiring these to the running light wires would sure give me plenty of light in the dark :clapping:

Back