Beat your buddy at the dragstrip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and John are going to evaluate the weather at 9am, it just got really dark here and looks like it's going to rain again.

At this point We're going to push it out an hour or so, if good we would roll out at 9:30am.......................Tom.

Too bad the rain held on just long enough to cancel the track portion of the event, a few of us made it down anyways, got off a few shots in the parking lot and met a few new Maxers, Ed from Wayland rode in with his daughter on his Viper red Max and John from Wyoming who has it turns out only lives a couple miles from me had his Carbon Max, 2Fear with his 05 and Big John and his 2010 rode in from the lakeshore, John took a moment and sacrificed some rear tire for a photo op!..........Thank you sir!.......:worthy:.........V-max Mike gets the hard luck award for riding through the pouring rain to attend, you are a hard core maxer!.........DaMax and I rode in from Wyoming and Leecifer made it in from GR with my oil fill cap......"see dumbass thread"...........As it turns out they were offering a free dyno session to everyone!....... Chuck and Mike got themselves in line, I had to leave around 1pm and didn't see them run..........Please post up guys!........this event has been rescheduled for July 22nd, It was still a good time!..................Tom.

Here are the pics!.................Tom.

Attachments

• DSCN0635.JPG
    DSCN0635.JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN0636.JPG
    DSCN0636.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0637.JPG
    DSCN0637.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0638.JPG
    DSCN0638.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0639.JPG
    DSCN0639.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN0640.JPG
    DSCN0640.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0641.JPG
    DSCN0641.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 29
Hey tom I ended up getting in line for the dyno, my first time, and didn't expect much since my 2000 max is stock except drilled exhaust and k & n air filter but I had good results I thought. I end up with 121 hp and 87 foot lb of torque I was amazed. :punk:

Hey tom I ended up getting in line for the dyno, my first time, and didn't expect much since my 2000 max is stock except drilled exhaust and k & n air filter but I had good results I thought. I end up with 121 hp and 87 foot lb of torque I was amazed. :punk:
Damn Lee those are some good numbers w/o any drastic mods! Congrats!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

I'm not trying to steal the thunder from Leecifer but I question the accuracy of the mobile dyno, I know I made nearly 110 hp on Village Motorsports dyno last fall and when the three of us blasted back from our lakeshore run a few weeks ago we were all about even during our spirited roll on sessions.........:punk:.........You would think Lee would have been pulling on us pretty hard..........Just thinking....................Tom.

Lee did lay down the numbers but his spool up time took a long time and time is a part of it. I think he was able to come up with 89 foot pounds do to he is running so rich. also we talked and his bike was pulled all the way to 9000rpm and my bike only went to 8700 rpm. still waiting on 2fears numbers. I also think 2fears bike and my bike was in 5th gear and lee's was in 4th gear. and who knows what was up with 2fears rear brake going up in smoke. On the way out we all took off hard and lee and 2fear got me out of the hole by a vary little bit and on the way through mid range i was pulling on them by a vary little bit.

Lee did lay down the numbers but his spool up time took a long time and time is a part of it. I think he was able to come up with 89 foot pounds do to he is running so rich. also we talked and his bike was pulled all the way to 9000rpm and my bike only went to 8700 rpm. still waiting on 2fears numbers. I also think 2fears bike and my bike was in 5th gear and lee's was in 4th gear. and who knows what was up with 2fears rear brake going up in smoke. On the way out we all took off hard and lee and 2fear got me out of the hole by a vary little bit and on the way through mid range i was pulling on them by a vary little bit.
9000 rpm's on mine also.

The strange thing is, other then bill I have never had any Vmax really pull away from me, not bad for 104 hp bike :rofl_200: I'm glad I put it on there actually, now I know what I need to do, I knew it was running a bit rich but had no idea it was running that rich.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to steal the thunder from Leecifer but I question the accuracy of the mobile dyno, I know I made nearly 110 hp on Village Motorsports dyno last fall and when the three of us blasted back from our lakeshore run a few weeks ago we were all about even during our spirited roll on sessions.........:punk:.........You would think Lee would have been pulling on us pretty hard..........Just thinking....................Tom.

To bad you didn't dyno there too. It would have helped to make your comparison.

I did bug out early, I had promised the wife I would be home in time to go visit her dad, it would have been an interesting comparision...................Tom.

Mike what do you mean my bike was in 5th gear on the dyno? Pretty sure it was in 5th gear because the way the read out was on the dyno sheet . See my album on my profile to look at the actual read out.

Mike what do you mean my bike was in 5th gear on the dyno? Pretty sure it was in 5th gear because the way the read out was on the dyno sheet . See my album on my profile to look at the actual read out.

It's all good Lee, you were in 5th gear like us. Mike is just hate'n on your stock bike because it put down better numbers then his :rofl_200: Damn that was some funny shitttt!

Not made at all. In fact i hope to see him dyno at thunder. Hell chuck i thought lee and i did good. Maybe your bike will make at least stock hp next time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back