Best new motorcycles of the 2014 riding season

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a Vrod at the local dealership, they did away with the midpegs....they are strictly out front like the rest of the harleys.

I'm really diggin on the Yamaha's FZ-09 triple. So much so that it may become my third bike.

I'm really diggin on the Yamaha's FZ-09 triple. So much so that it may become my third bike.

I've been hearing a lot of good buzz about that bike from various bike centric websites. Many say Yamaha has a stand out(to an already impressive lineup) with that bike.

I've been hearing a lot of good buzz about that bike from various bike centric websites. Many say Yamaha has a stand out(to an already impressive lineup) with that bike.
I have given this bike a lot of research and earlier this year went to my local stealership and sat on one. Having been a previous Gen 1 owner, I think this bike will give acceleration performance similar to a Gen1, but with better handling characteristics. Anyway, I'm big on exhaust sound, my Gen1 was equipped with Marks pipes, my Gen 2 has the Akrapovic 1/2 system and I think both of these exhaust systems bring out the best possible sound that these bikes can produce. That being said, Two Bros. Racing has already come out with a full system for the FZ-09 and they have produced a video showcasing it. I really like the harmonious sound that the 3 cylinder engine produces, which is a big reason why I'm leaning toward this bike. I am looking forward to Demo Days to try one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJshn3NE500

I have given this bike a lot of research and earlier this year went to my local stealership and sat on one. Having been a previous Gen 1 owner, I think this bike will give acceleration performance similar to a Gen1, but with better handling characteristics. Anyway, I'm big on exhaust sound, my Gen1 was equipped with Marks pipes, my Gen 2 has the Akrapovic 1/2 system and I think both of these exhaust systems bring out the best possible sound that these bikes can produce. That being said, Two Bros. Racing has already come out with a full system for the FZ-09 and they have produced a video showcasing it. I really like the harmonious sound that the 3 cylinder engine produces, which is a big reason why I'm leaning toward this bike. I am looking forward to Demo Days to try one out.

One of the bikes I was really considering last year was the Triumph Speed Triple. All I've ever heard about that bike was "fun fun fun fun fun" -- and the FZ-09 seemed like it was Yamaha's answer to compete with it. Again, from everything I've heard so far is the FZ-09 is just a crackin bike.

One of the bikes I was really considering last year was the Triumph Speed Triple. All I've ever heard about that bike was "fun fun fun fun fun" -- and the FZ-09 seemed like it was Yamaha's answer to compete with it. Again, from everything I've heard so far is the FZ-09 is just a crackin bike.
"crackin" bike?

On the bike list, I like the new Monster quite a bit, the new Dyna Low Rider looks good (almost back to the old Dyna Sport in that config), and I like seeing the return of the old VFR 800.

However, I think new BMWs are the dog's bollocks
biglaugh.gif
Gimme a R nine T and an S 1000 R (with the "premium" package that includes the DDC system), and Bob's your uncle...

Classic bit...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKYL0tW-Ek

The FZ-09 will most likely be my next ride, or possibly the Kawi Z-1000. Love the look, ergos, and performance of both bikes. Just like the sticker price of the FZ more :D

The ktm super duke 1290 looks a beast with a huge power. In 2014 so many bikes I would love to get. Let's see what santa will say.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The ktm super duke 1290 looks a beast with a huge power. In 2014 so many bikes I would love to get. Let's see what santa will say.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've been looking at that bike to, a monster to be sure. If you get one, please let us know.

Back