Best tool i've bought for the vmax - 27mm 'gearwrench'

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice find dude, a ratcheting one that will come in handy for sure......

any pics of the wheel mod yet man?

Just my luck that the nearest store is 243 miles away!
Although if it is nice Saturday I may get the tailbag out and make a run for it. I could ride back part way home along lake Michigan on us 23 and find a nice beach side motel for the night. Might be a plan!
All this for a $15 wrench!:rofl_200:

thats the best reason to do it redbone, 15 bucks just limit it to two beers and the rest is paid for hahahahaha

nice find dude, a ratcheting one that will come in handy for sure......

any pics of the wheel mod yet man?

it really does. soon man, soon.

Thanks Garrett!
np mark

Just my luck that the nearest store is 243 miles away!
Although if it is nice Saturday I may get the tailbag out and make a run for it. I could ride back part way home along lake Michigan on us 23 and find a nice beach side motel for the night. Might be a plan!
All this for a $15 wrench!:rofl_200:

just use the 'its not about the destination' argument there brian! also i'd call first ot make sure they have it...

just use the 'its not about the destination' argument there brian! also i'd call first ot make sure they have it...
Yeah, I would use the super slab to get there but all 2 lane roads on the way back. I would have to make sure I hit the Hooters while in the area (I will do that just for Mark!) for lunch and a tasty brew! Then from there it would be 2 lane roads following along lake Michigan, beautiful!
That'd be some shitty luck to get there and find out they didn't have one in stock, guess a call would be prudent. I sure wouldn't drive down there in a cage but a last long ride (500+ miles) for the season, hellsyea!

Just checked with my closest HF. They do not stock it and never heard of it. Also can't order it from the website as it is a store purchase item only. :bang head: Will try another store tomorrow.

As of today, this item is no longer on the HF website. Guess it has been discontinued. :bang head:

sorry man! i'll keep my eyes out if one comes up. in retrospect $21 for the other one aint bad at all either!

sorry man! i'll keep my eyes out if one comes up. in retrospect $21 for the other one aint bad at all either!

Maybe they decided it wasn't needed anymore since the 1 & 1/16" (26.9875mm) version was $3 cheaper and would work as well. :confused2:

I have used 1 & 1/16" sockets and wrenches on 27mm many times. Don't think tolerances are closer than the .0125mm difference.

good to know. sounds like the tolerances could overlap quite a bit..

Back