Biffed mine too....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert that rear lollipop signal is about the only thing I'd like to replace right away, the front is barely noticeable. I'll be glad to paypal you whatever you think it's worth.

Hey if I rough it up real good, can I paint the plastic chrome signals flat black? Would I have to remove the plastic chrome completely or can I just run some 100 grit on it and get the Krylon to stick?
The rear is still gouged too badlly to try to clean up, I was just wondering....

Robert that rear lollipop signal is about the only thing I'd like to replace right away, the front is barely noticeable. I'll be glad to paypal you whatever you think it's worth.

Hey if I rough it up real good, can I paint the plastic chrome signals flat black? Would I have to remove the plastic chrome completely or can I just run some 100 grit on it and get the Krylon to stick?
The rear is still gouged too badlly to try to clean up, I was just wondering....

Jenn-The signal housings are metal, I had mine powdercoated, but there's no reason why they can't be painted. I would use flat black Rust-o-Leum tho due to it's etching properties. That would work just fine and is what I used on my scoops.

danny

CB I have some stock signals for you if you need them. PM me your address and I will send what you need.

yeah. I was taking part in a riders safety course last night and that was a topic of discussion - the painted lines / arrows are very slick - especially in the rain!

It was something I hadn't thought about.

Let's don't forget train tracks! And also bricks, when they get wet, little particles of the clay they're made from come up and they are VERY slick.

It wasn't like I didn't know about the plastic painted lines, it was a bad choice of lines that put me on it.

Let's don't forget train tracks! And also bricks, when they get wet, little particles of the clay they're made from come up and they are VERY slick.

It wasn't like I didn't know about the plastic painted lines, it was a bad choice of lines that put me on it.

Sorry for your mishap.....

I did not know about the bricks....learn something new every day :confused2:

Thanks
:punk:

Anything but tarmac in fact!

You ever ridden over wet cobblestones? Baaaaaad news.

Dirt? Slippery when wet.

Leaves? Off you go..

Man holes? You're going down.

Wooden bridges? Instant fall.

The list goes on...

That liquid tar they put in cracks gets pretty slippery too.

One of my favorite section of curvy roads has the tar filled cracks on them and they are slippery on hot days too! I try to pick a line to cross 'em at right angles but sometimes I would end up hitting them wrong...definatly a eye opener at 75-80 mph!
My rear shinko is getting pretty worn and I hit a damp painted line while gasing it, luckily I wasn't turning/ leaning, the tire spun immediatly! That was fun though as my brother was right next to me!:biglaugh:

SHUT UP YOU BASTIGES!!!!!!

I want to keep riding my Vmax......

Between being scared to get on it and shift from 1st to 2nd for fear of grenading my trans......

To using the wrong oil.....

To overrevving......

To wiping out in the wet.....

I'll never ride the damn thing again:bang head:

SHUT UP YOU BASTIGES!!!!!!

I want to keep riding my Vmax......

Between being scared to get on it and shift from 1st to 2nd for fear of grenading my trans......Sean can help you if you ever have problems!

To using the wrong oil.....Just use rotella...

To overrevving......Harlan shift light, $64 shipped!

To wiping out in the wet.....Use your skills to your limits, just know your limits, have confidence in your awesome set of skills!

I'll never ride the damn thing again:bang head:
Ride smart, with confidence, fast and most of all have fun!:punk:

"motorcycling is about not trading the thrills of living for the security of existence"

There is no security in "existence"....even if you exist in a concrete bubble!! A falling helicopter could turn your home into a fireball in a heartbeat, and then where would you be?

Ride brothers & sisters....ride and enjoy it....cause, you just never know.....!

yes he is. i am too. its great. works flawlessly. his was somewhat waterproofed where mine wasn't. thats the only issue. a rubber cap with a whole cut and some silicone fixed that.

u can check it out this weekend tugla.

There is no security in "existence"....even if you exist in a concrete bubble!! A falling helicopter could turn your home into a fireball in a heartbeat, and then where would you be?

Ride brothers & sisters....ride and enjoy it....cause, you just never know.....!

+1 I agree, enjoy life because you never know....just read the papers.

are ya using the harlan shift light?? how do you like it?? easy install/wiring. any pics
Harlan Engineering shiftlight is what I have, I had Tom from COO machine a bracket to mount it in next to the speedometer. It installs very easy on the tachometer leads. Here are the pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back