Bike is eating TCI boxes.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine1964

Reaction score
My bike bike is eating Cdi boxes.It quit on me last August and in March I got this new(to me) box she fired right up and ran okay for awhile.Then it started doing what it did last year(popping and spitting and dying),then just like last year it just stopped running with no spark.I've tried every fix I could find on this forum and the net but it's still a no go.I'm at a complete loss as to what's causing it.
I'm looking for a thread about destroying Tci boxes one after another.Sean said someone on here had the same issue and resolved it.Been looking for two hours and can't find it anybody know anything about it.

Not me ,but you may try searching ECM instead of TCI . Just a thought

I had stator issues that were intermittent and sounded just like that. Got to the point where I was afraid to leave my neighborhood because it would run and start the just cut off and not restart. TCI s will get expensive fast.

Can you test output voltage at the battery while running or won't it run at all anymore? I'm sure there's got to be an ohm reading test. I don't have the book infront of me to see if there is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Have you replaced your OEM coils with COPs without resistors by any chance?

The only problem I can remember reading here with frying TCI boxes was when someone moved over to COPs, and their lower resistance meant too many amps for the TCI box. Saying that the boxes that fried were mostly Dyna3000.

Latest posts

Back