Bike Stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
I had someone ask me about my homemade bike stand. Anyway, here are some pics with a tape next to it to hopefully show the dims. Please don't comment on my welds... I have a cheap wire-welder and it gets me by. I have all my important welds done by a local guy who is pretty good. Anyway, you might be able to pick one up on eBay for cheaper than what you can make one for, but I had some time and material laying around so I spent a few hours and here is what I came up with. Instead of having a square tube part that actually supports the bike, a round tube with a rubber hose over it would be MUCH better. I used some electrical tape and some rags to protect the swingarm. This works pretty well, but I should add some guessets in to help stiffen it up a bit.

Attachments

• P1010155.jpg
    P1010155.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010154.jpg
    P1010154.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 48
  • P1010156.jpg
    P1010156.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010158.jpg
    P1010158.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010159.jpg
    P1010159.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 38
  • P1010160.jpg
    P1010160.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 32
I had someone ask me about my homemade bike stand. Anyway, here are some pics with a tape next to it to hopefully show the dims. Please don't comment on my welds... I have a cheap wire-welder and it gets me by. I have all my important welds done by a local guy who is pretty good. Anyway, you might be able to pick one up on eBay for cheaper than what you can make one for, but I had some time and material laying around so I spent a few hours and here is what I came up with. Instead of having a square tube part that actually supports the bike, a round tube with a rubber hose over it would be MUCH better. I used some electrical tape and some rags to protect the swingarm. This works pretty well, but I should add some guessets in to help stiffen it up a bit.

Jeff, don't be alarmed, but I think a bird shit on your welds :rofl_200:, j/k

Looks good, and even better use of stuff laying around. :punk:

Buy a GMAW machine and use solid wire with a CO2/ Argon mix as a shielding gas. Your welds will look much better and be stronger.
Good on you for building the stand.

Nice Jeff! Good use of spare materials. I only wish I was so handy with a welder!
Harbor Freight has one for $40 that doesn't look too bad. Buy 2 of 'em and get these front fork adaptors then I could get the both wheels off the ground.

I think a twin paralever type setup, that would raise both front and rear at the same time would be sweet. Jeff your analytical, fabricating self could probably design/build it.

Back