Bikemaster Tru-Gel Battery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photowood

Reaction score
I am tired of having to remove my '05 V-max battery to refill the water. A pain. Has anyone tried or heard anything about the Bikemaster Tru-Gel battery? I am concerned about the 175 CCA since my Yuasas have been 200 CCA and have performed well as have my Interstates. The Bikemaster fits the stock battery box. Yea! Also, is the Deltron Battery Tender Junior good for charging gel cell batteries?
Thank you in advance. photowood

Thank you Tex85. I see many like this battery. My concerns are that it doesn't fit in the stock battery box and the terminal posts are different. I am impressed with the 440 CCA and can't believe the $35.00 price. It seems almost too good to be true?

Thank you Tex85. I see many like this battery. My concerns are that it doesn't fit in the stock battery box and the terminal posts are different. I am impressed with the 440 CCA and can't believe the $35.00 price. It seems almost too good to be true?
It is a little tight.

It is a tight fit but I didn't have any troubles installing it. Since I made the switch I have not needed to replace the battery. The 440 CCA is a dream come true, fires up with a quick touch to the start button every time, even when cold.

The Odyssey PC680 is another alternative.
It is more expensive than the apex but it fits perfect and no issues with the battery posts.

No need to ever add water.
I've had mine for about 5 years now. I put on very little mileage so the bike sits a lot. At first, I still used a tender. I gave up on that about 3 years ago and it still fires right up when needed.

Check around on line. You can usually find them for around $100 shipped.

After quite a bit of research , I went with an AGM by MotoBatt MB16AU. There isn't any maintenance and it slid right in to stock battery box, has 230cca and a 2yr. warranty. I've had it almost a yr. now and it kicks the max over effortlessly. Just another battery to consider...

Thanks 03maximilian. I actually purchased the MotoBatt battery seeing that the dimensions were real close to stock for my '85 V-max. I tried to install it and got it 3/4s of the way in and it got stuck. I couldn't push it all the way in and then I couldn't pull it out. I liked the performance and I just crammed the coils and wires in over the battery and managed to reinstall the seat. I was just a little uncomfortable with the fit. I am not crazy about cutting the battery box. I wish they had made it just a teeny bit smaller. I might just have to reconsider this battery and figure some simple way to install.

Do yourself a favor and get this one, http://www.apexbattery.com/ub1220-12v-22ah-battery.html

Cheap and 440 CCA, myself and others on here will attest it is a great battery.
I agree 100 %.
I had a UB12180 (283 CCA- 18 Ah) AGM also made by UPG and it lasted 9 years.
I bought an APX12220 (UB12220) 420 CCA - 22 Ah AGM about 6 months ago and it cranks my Vmax like a champ.
I'm hoping it lasts as long as my $40 UB12180 did.

After quite a bit of research , I went with an AGM by MotoBatt MB16AU. There isn't any maintenance and it slid right in to stock battery box, has 230cca and a 2yr. warranty. I've had it almost a yr. now and it kicks the max over effortlessly. Just another battery to consider...
I've heard good things about the MotoBatt's as well.

Latest posts

Back