Braided lines

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasterlapdunn

Reaction score
I have an 07' Max and I got a hold of R1 brake calipers, master cylinder and

reservoir cup, stock R1 lines.

The R1 lines are too short...obviously...and I don't want to use the stock Max

lines. So it looks like braided lines are my next option. I guess I would have

to get V-Max braided lines so they will be long enough BUT...will they bolt up to

the R1 calipers and master cylinder correctly?? I guess I could just try the stock
lines right now but I didn't want to deal with the mess if I don't have to.

Where is a good place to buy the braided lines if they bolt up? I also need

to fab up a bracket for the reservoir...it looks like i will need a clamp for the

handle bar and a tab for the reservoir to bolt to...any ideas??

Thanks all :ummm:

I have R1 calipers and i bought galfer braided lines from www.wildbros.com
the lines work with the calipers, but not sure about the other end cause i still use the vmax master cylinders. Call Bill at wildbros and ask him, he would know for sure and he's great guy to do business with...

I have slightly damaged S/S/ lines and thinking of buying new. Where can I get swivelheaded lines and do they not leak?
Dave VMOA #3505

I found russel braided lines at dennis kirk.com for
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/c...n&catId=416&leafCatId=41604&np=&mmyId=9900167

6.95 shipping...free if you go over 100 bucks. I also purchased my tire from them before I realized I needed the lines...5 dollar flat shipping fee on all tires!

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...W1LA0WTISM4VMDK0OWIV0?store=Main&skuId=651922

I've always had good deals with dennis kirk over the years, they don't always have the best prices but they have been decent. The price on the lines are the cheapest around and the stock tire too. I am going to get some speed bleeders too...love speed bleeders.

John
:clapping:

Use Vmax braided lines with my R1 front master and calipers. One thing to remember though is that the lines will be "twisted" due to the different mounting location on the R1 calipers. If you order from Bill tell him you want the caliper ends set up for R1 calipers.

The best place to buy lines is www.spieglerusa.com. The R1 calipers have a higher brake line mount point than the factory calipers so a regular V-Max line set will be too long. Wild Bros has the specs and you can order the proper length ones through them, but tell them what calipers you are using. I like Spiegler due to variety of colors you can choose from with banjo fittings, banjo bolts and lines. They will also custom make you a set, but you would have to measure your own.

Back