Brake light Ring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just made this last night. I took a 24 LED string and tied it into a ring. Then i placed it in my brake light. I figured out the left side of each rear bulb is the power side for when you step on the brakes. I soldered the power wire to the bulb. Then i wedged the ground wire to the side of the other bulb. Here are some pics.

One thing i liked about it, the light is real bright and should work well. Sorry for the crappy cell phone camera pics. The second thing I like it is real easy to install and requires no wire cutting. It took me a couple of hours to design the kit, but i bet if you can change a light bulb you can install one of these.

The only thing I would have done different is perhaps instead of one red and one white LED bulb, i would have gone with 2 white bulbs since my plate isn't that bright with that red led bulb, but when i hit the brakes and all lights pop up, it is super bright. When i put everything together, i realized that the LED ring acts a DRL and when you hit the brakes, the voltage increases and brightens the ring even more. That was the effect i was hoping to get.

If anyone else wants this, I could put kits together where all you would need is to plug the bulb in. The kit you can choose which color LED strip (white or red)

Thanks,
Sid

Attachments

• IMAG0414.jpg
    IMAG0414.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG0415.jpg
    IMAG0415.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0418.jpg
    IMAG0418.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG0421.jpg
    IMAG0421.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0423.jpg
    IMAG0423.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 37
thanks this forum rocks and has been so helpful. I bought my vmax a month ago and has been able to get a lot of info from here so i thought this mod would be me giving back :)

yeah if anyone wants one of these kits i guess i can help out:

just the LED $22 shipped
LED strip and on 1157 LED bulb soldered $32 shipped
LED Strip and 2 1157 led bulbs $40 shipped

You can use this with existing bulbs if you want to save $10.

Thanks,
Sid

Back