Bridgestones on a max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxiow

Reaction score
Hi I have bridgestone exedras 525/526 on my max, under acceleration it seems to wheels spin with only a hint of throttle in most gears. The roads around here are far from smooth, and it occurs so often at first I thought it was the clutch slipping is this a common chariteristic of running these?

Almost certain it's wheel spin, as it's not a problem with a pillion on I'm only 10 and a half stone so not a lot of weight.

They are not known for being sticky, lasting lasting, but are readily available.
Look up the tire threads on this Forum and you'll get all the info you seek.

If you have car specific synthetic oil or an additive with teflon in it, your clutch will slip. Have you ever checked the road for black marks where you thought it was spinning?

:punk:Just do a standing brodie, if there's tire smoke then you know your clutch is fine

I'm using yammaha semi synthetic bike oil nothing to fancy. I held the front brake on, gave it some revs and eased the clutch out and it didn't slip. I took it out on a newly laid bit of road and it only seemed to spin in 1st 2nd and 3rd during boost on the new road.

I'm using yammaha semi synthetic bike oil nothing to fancy. I held the front brake on, gave it some revs and eased the clutch out and it didn't slip. I took it out on a newly laid bit of road and it only seemed to spin in 1st 2nd and 3rd during boost on the new road.

But, did you do a burnout?:punk:

My Max will spin the back wheel pretty easily in these cooler (50 - 60) temperature days of April but it's harder to achieve when the summer heat is on the roads and in the tires. It will want to rear up then if I'm aggressive with the throttle. I run a Dunlop 491 Elite at the rear of my bike.
Another factor might be the surface of the road, It's a lot easier to lose rear grip on concrete paved surfaces than it is on nice sticky asphalt.

Chris.

Back