Busa/R1 Front Brakes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with a single drive will not overheat? two discs will warm less:) work together they will perform twice each less

Yes, warmed up due to braking. now I understand. I braked as a fool. clocked and brakes, dispersing and brakes:)
I usually do not do it. therefore, used to be colder

A single would get even hotter except for the fact that it's even larger in diameter on the new rotor I have in mind.

We did send you rotors didn't we? My kit is designed for the larger rotors that are cross drilled. The early rotors had the layered rotors but were not as efficient as the newer ones.

Sean

thanks for the clarification. I think there is a set on even bigger rotors:). my kit is very good, only the upper ear plug in the adapter had a groove to bolt a hexagon, I was not and staff did not bolt intermeddle ... I had a little ear saw through:) it would be good with a set yet and 2 bolts:)

Hello, Sean. ride lot. brakes- fairy tale:) thanks a lot. You can tell, if I put the radial brake machine, what will change? What are the benefits? Worth? in the sense - it is necessary?

Gday guys.
I reckon a big single disc would do the job nicely. Lower weight, less spinning mass, etc. I had a 320mm single rotor using a 4piston Gold Brembo on my KTM Supermoto, and with a 25L fuel tank, a 10kg tankbag on it, and a 35kg gearsack and 20L jerry can on the back, I braked to avoid a mob of sheep once, and it stopped hard enough to lift the back tyre off the deck, even with all the weight over the rear. All that braking went through a 120/70R17 street tyre.
The bike all up with the luggage weight weighed in at about 240kg (530lbs) without me, or within 10kg of a Vmax with pipes, so it should be very effective. Another thing to consider is the front tubes, if the brakes are TOO powerful, they bend, and then set up an oscillation causing the tyre to lock easier. One single large rotor may not be as powerful outright, but may be more effective on a thin tube front end.

Back