Busa/R1 Front Brakes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geek, can you post the pics on here so I can see them. Also when you did this upgrade, did you have to change the brake line or do the stock one work?

There are a couple of pics on my webite to show the install. I could use some more pics of the install. OEM lines will bolt on.

Sean

Thanks for the reminder. I owe a few people pics of a few things. Life has been a bit crazy as of late. My apologies for not doing this sooner.

Regarding the brake lines, the stockers worked just fine. But I upgraded to the SS braided lines very shortly after.

Guys: I am so sorry. I've been promising to post these pics forever. Things have just been ungodly busy for me lately.

After passing the Oregon Bar exam last July, I immediately signed up for a college chemistry course and for the last several months I have been taking attending chemistry lecture and lab and studying like crazy, all in addition to my family and work obligations. Ugh.

Needless to say, I have completely neglected my poor bikes, and have completely neglected the couple of forums that I belong to.

In any case ... after a very long wait, here are some pics of the Busa' 6-pots, Sean Adapters, and Ebay rotors that I installed on the front of my '90 max. These things made all the difference in the world! Also installed and in the pics are SS brake/clutch lines that Sean got for me.

Here are the pics:

Attachments

• IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0082.jpg
    IMAG0082.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0075.jpg
    IMAG0075.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAG0077.jpg
    IMAG0077.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 59
  • IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 54
I like it. You'll have to email the full size pics to me and we can use a couple of them on the muscle website (and facebook page) if you don't mind.

Sean

very nice indeed. hey geek can u get a pic of where the yellow cable goes under the scoop from the m/c? Mine is wicked tight there.

I like it. You'll have to email the full size pics to me and we can use a couple of them on the muscle website (and facebook page) if you don't mind.

Sean

I can send you whatever you'd like. Do you want specific pictures? The ones that I posted were somewhat random, but I can snap some specific pics for you if you want them? Otherwise, I can just send you what I have.

very nice indeed. hey geek can u get a pic of where the yellow cable goes under the scoop from the m/c? Mine is wicked tight there.

Under the scoop? I guess you mean on the LH side of the bike coming from the CLUTCH M/C? Is that correct? If so, then yes, I'll snap a pic this weekend when I work on the bike again and post it. Let me know if that's the area you were looking for.

-GL

I can send you whatever you'd like. Do you want specific pictures? The ones that I posted were somewhat random, but I can snap some specific pics for you if you want them? Otherwise, I can just send you what I have.

Under the scoop? I guess you mean on the LH side of the bike coming from the CLUTCH M/C? Is that correct? If so, then yes, I'll snap a pic this weekend when I work on the bike again and post it. Let me know if that's the area you were looking for.

-GL

right where it goes into the left plastic neck cover.

Whatever would give good overall pics of the modification and lines.

Sean

what other bike rotors will bolt to our wheels on the front if any? I can make a bracket for my tokico six pots. early model bikes.

Michael

The earlier R1's I know for sure. Not sure about the later models. We have brackets for the 6 piston busa with the R1 (and the 4 piston may also work with them) and also brackets for the 4 piston and stock rotors (and not tried but the 6 piston may even work with them too).

Sean

OK guys, looking at another brake upgrade option. So far the Huyabusa calipers and late model 298mm rotors are incredible. BUT, i'm looking at some 310 or even 320mm rotors with the busa calipers. Would make even great stopping power available,

What I am actually thinking is to make it where you only need one caliper and one rotor to get the increased braking. This would also lighten up the recip mass and front end so yet another benefit.

So, what's the thoughts?

Sean

For me I like the balanced look; I like 4 into 2 better than 4 into 1. So even if the single disc was better( lighter/ stop faster) I would still go with 2 rotors.
The loss of weight would def be a bonus though!

Last edited:
It would of course let you install a pair very easily. BUT, with the increase rotor dia a single should be more then enough and gives the ability to get the cost of the upgrade lower (someone use the left side parts and the other use the right side stuff). I think we would make a simple decorative block plate for the unused side if that was chosen.

one rotor - this is not correct. when braking the motorcycle will sidetrack. it is dangerous and unpleasant. and ugly. Sean, now set your brakes. excellent brakes. thanks. thanks for the adapters and rotors. only rotors are very hot. stronger than the factory. is this normal?

Let me know what you mean by "Hot"? They will run hotter if you brake harder (which you can now). The same braking means the same friction which is what generates the heat.

A single rotor will not pull the bike sideways at all. We've got plenty of dragbikes here (and Buell Streetbikes to name a few) that work just fine. If it pulled to the side we would see it when doing 200mph in the race and shutting down quickly.

Sean

and what there are forks? such as up to 93 years? or faster?
when I broke down and I slide it to turn off and rode with one, motorcycle braking tried to jerk to the side ... maybe I thought? hot when the brakes. brakes much more effectively. can therefore? plus drive is not ventilated, cool down a bit worse ... a larger diameter rotors are available? Used? what will be the cost, together with the adapters?

Back