can you ID these mufflers ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carnut108

Reaction score
Can you guys ID these mufflers. They are 12" long with 2 " openings at each end. They are slip on's. The carbon fiber look is contact tape, they are chrome or stainless under the tape. The reason I want to ID these is to find the correct baffle for them.
My plans to replace the entire system with the stock pipes and mufflers have run up against another wall. Apparently I have an aftermarket heavy duty swing arm that does not allow me to install the stock system, after buying all the parts from forum members. Just don't know what to do at this point so baffles will quiet these monsters down until I decide. :bang head:

Attachments

• vmax muffler.jpg
    vmax muffler.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 76
  • muffler tip.jpg
    muffler tip.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 60
This system is a full system...not slip-on. They look to me like Mark's Performance exhaust.

Agreed. Look like Marks for sure. He has two different end caps available.

Attachments

• 2012-05-25_17-07-54_776.jpg
    2012-05-25_17-07-54_776.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 39
End caps are just cosmetic, right, not baffle's ? This question has come up before re: slip on's. Why the spring if these are not slip on's ?

I think "slip on" is just semantics, most of the industry refers to slip ons as something that merely replaces the muffler only.

I think the original poster is referring to the fact that these mufflers "slip on" and are held by a spring rather than having a bolted or welded connection.

And yes it looks like a full system.

I have no idea who makes those. I didn't know Marks had an oval can offering but I suppose he could use any muffler ge wanted and I'm not familiar with his latest offerings.

I think "slip on" is just semantics, most of the industry refers to slip ons as something that merely replaces the muffler only.

I think the original poster is referring to the fact that these mufflers "slip on" and are held by a spring rather than having a bolted or welded connection.

And yes it looks like a full system.

I have no idea who makes those. I didn't know Marks had an oval can offering but I suppose he could use any muffler ge wanted and I'm not familiar with his latest offerings.

These are round mufflers, sorry for the poor photo.

These are round mufflers, sorry for the poor photo.

If they are round then I'd say they resemble the cans on my early UFO 4-2, But mine are polished aluminum and don't use a spring but rather a clamp.

Is that end cap a solid aluminum piece?

Just sent an email to Mark asking if he makes baffles for these.
I would call him during the week, mid to late morning west coast time. He only ever answered one of my 10+ emails I sent him. His number is in the "VMF LINKS" section above.
Edit: Here it is (760) 948-1346

I would call him during the week, mid to late morning west coast time. He only ever answered one of my 10+ emails I sent him. His number is in the "VMF LINKS" section above.
Edit: Here it is (760) 948-1346

Just talked to Mark. He is going to make some baffles for me next week. Thanks again for the phone number Redbone.

Back