cobra exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where in IL are you? I am in on the border of IA and IL.

Like Maleko said... No question is a dumb one...

I always like to explain that being ignorant about something doesn't make them stupid... Ignorant means you don't anything about said subject whereas stupid means that even if we told you you wouldn't be able comprehend it... LOL

Cheers
I am in Central Illinois about 3 hrs south of Chicago between Decatur and Champaign.

Thanks, got it! Those are Cobra 4-4 Slashcut slip-ons. I've never seem them with a coating of gold on them before! Not bad!

Mark

Here are some pics. The second one is how it looked when he bought it, but he has since removed the windshield and sissy bar. Hope the pics post.

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 69
  • vmax2.jpg
    vmax2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 93
Since these Cobras cause a loss in HP due to the overenrichment will rejetting the carb bring the HP back up to stock numbers???

I was thinking of getting the cobras because I think they are the best looking/sounding pipes for this bike. That's just my opinion.

I'm just wondering if rejetting will bring the HP back up to stock numbers. I've heard that a 147.5 main jet is a good one to go with.

Since these Cobras cause a loss in HP due to the overenrichment will rejetting the carb bring the HP back up to stock numbers???

I was thinking of getting the cobras because I think they are the best looking/sounding pipes for this bike. That's just my opinion.

I'm just wondering if rejetting will bring the HP back up to stock numbers. I've heard that a 147.5 main jet is a good one to go with.

It'll help but these don't scavenge like the stockers or most if not all other A/M ones do so your numbers will never be great.

I've seen two different bikes on different dynos make 95hp with these and stock jetting. Mine with Holeshot and Morleys kit made 124hp. THAT is a lot of HP difference.

Chris

As chris noted, you will never be able to get the pipes to perform like stock or any aftermarket header. I had considered adding in a couple of joints to a set sometime back but never got around to it. If we connected the two mufflers on each side together that should help some but still not going to put any kind of decent number out.

Sean

As chris noted, you will never be able to get the pipes to perform like stock or any aftermarket header. I had considered adding in a couple of joints to a set sometime back but never got around to it. If we connected the two mufflers on each side together that should help some but still not going to put any kind of decent number out.

Sean

Plus you still have the restrictive OEM headers :damn angry:

How much HP should a stock bike put down at the rear wheel? I realize that the Cobra pipes are slip-ons and use the stock header pipe but don't most exhaust systems do this as well?

Are there any other pipes out there that sound like the Cobras? I liked the UFO exhaust but it sounds VERY loud. I'm looking for something with that deep V8 rumble.

How much HP should a stock bike put down at the rear wheel? I realize that the Cobra pipes are slip-ons and use the stock header pipe but don't most exhaust systems do this as well?

Are there any other pipes out there that sound like the Cobras? I liked the UFO exhaust but it sounds VERY loud. I'm looking for something with that deep V8 rumble.

Look at around 110 and 119 hp on average, depending on the tuning.

The thing to remember is the stockers have a cross over and the Cobras do not.

Deep V8 rumble would be either the Holeshot or the Marks 4-2.

Personally I think the Kerker sounds the best.

is there any all around universal slip ons that can be put on a vmax with little effort ??:ummm:

very nice indeed....

the great thing about slip ons i would say they all go on easily....

my cobras on the old vmax were simple as hell to take off...

i can't get the supertrapps off but haven't tried to hard yet, haven't needed to...

Back