Cobra Slash-cut pipes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys does drilling out the baffles do anything for performance or is it just for sound.Also what are PAJ's and go up how much

Thanks Rob M.

Drilling baffles does squat for performance. As with any mod, do one change at a time and see how it goes. You might be able to shim your air box Y and not have to change the PAJ. One step at a time so you know what effect it has before you do something else.
Cheers

i don't know why people say you lose hp, i have rode enough that i can tell by the sound i gained hp, hehehehe!

It's a common misconception that louder = more power.

When I was 14, my moped was DEFINITELY faster when it was LOUDER... not!

My wife's Dodge Colt also sounds a lot more powerful since that hole in her exhaust has grown :biglaugh::rofl_200:

From memory when I had them they weren't the best to match up. You may be able to slot some holes and shift them around to look better. You won't be able to do anything about the performance loss though. They look good but suck for power.

Sean Morley

sean, so these pipes have performance loss? are they worse off then the stock? got my bike with them,(i take it only cobras look like this) besides looking nice and sounding great, never drove any other max so don't have anything to compare it with, then plugs look real good not rich and don't believe anything was ever done to the carbs. just recently drilled out plugs on carbs.

so these pipes have performance loss? are they worse off then the stock?

They to rob you of power, as far as worse then stock that depends on the state of tune of the stock bike. I've seen a local Vmax on the dyno here in all it's stock glory, pull 120 HP.

Here is a thread on the Cobras and power loss;
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5579&highlight=quadzilla

(i take it only cobras look like this)

UFO quadzillas look similar.

Attachments

• DSCN0155.jpg
    DSCN0155.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 16
thanks for the link. so thinking the bike had good pull, now think i'll have to chg the exhaust. Its exciting to know that there is more jam in it. Think until i get more experience on the bike i'll hold off. still pretty novice on the beast.

Latest posts

Back