Couple die on 09 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Have just read an article on another site that a 44 year old female and rider a 46 year old male were killed in an accident on a 09 Vmax . They were pronounced dead shortly after . It is also rumoured that the same bike was capable of 164mph in 4th gear .

Sorry to here the news , especially if speed was involved while carrying a pillion .

Did you read all the comments at the bottom? :bang head:

A motorcycle accident on Cold Harbor Road claimed the lives of the driver and his passenger last night.

Published: April 10, 2009
Contributed Report
[email protected]
A motorcycle crash last night claimed the lives of a Hanover County couple.
According to Sgt. Chris R. Whitley of the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, Robert C. Jones, 46, and his 44-year-old wife Elizabeth died when the motorcycle he was driving crashed in the 6300 block of Cold Harbor Road.
Deputies responded to the scene of the fatalities at 7:39 p.m.
While the cause of the accident remains under investigation, preliminary reports indicate that they were traveling north on Cold Harbor Road when he lost control of the 2009 Yamaha motorcycle.
The motorcycle ran off the right side of the road and then struck a mailbox, wooden fence and a tree.
Elizabeth Jones was pronounced dead at the scene and Robert Jones was transported to VCU Medical Center where he was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.
“We ask the community to keep the family and friends of the Jones’ in their thoughts and prayers as they try to cope with the untimely loss of their loved ones,“ said Col. V. Stuart Cook, sheriff.

Reader Comments :
Did the man have a license and was he a new rider. He should not have been riding a pssenger unless he was familar with the bike and it sounds as if the bike was new. A common mistake with someone and a new bike. The first month with a new bike should be taken very seriously. Please anyone planning on riding a new bike or new to you please be careful.
Charles Fletcher of Hanover
Apr. 11, 2009 at 02:23 PM

Mr. Fletcher-
I mean, really…. “new” or not, this story is really sad. If you took time to read a little more into it, the obituary says that they both lost their life doing what they love… riding. This is such a sad thing to hear. Your comment about letting others know the dangers is great and I hope everyone does take that into consideration, but how about a little consideration to the family that could read your very… thoughless comment.
I pray for this family as they work through these hard times.
Holly of Mechanicville
Apr. 13, 2009 at 02:47 PM

could not have said it better Holly !!!!
god bless the kids and family.
rickey of mechanicsville
Apr. 13, 2009 at 08:34 PM

I agree with both Ricky and Holly. The loss of life is the point here.
David A. of Mechanicsville
Apr. 14, 2009 at 05:22 PM

This man was an extremly experienced rider and had ridden just about any type of motorcycle ther is including racing experience. The pasanger was also an experienced rider. People always seem to jump to conclusions whenever someting bad happens, but the truth is sometimes bad things just happen. There were no witnesses to the accident, but wheteher it was an oncoming vehicle swerving into their lane or an animal running out in front of them something that will never be known was most likly the cause.
Thoughts and prayers to the family!
Brent Stallings of Mechanicsville
Apr. 15, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I want to express my sadness. I didn’t know Bobby and Beth. They lived in my parent’s neighborhood. My heart goes out to the family and friends of this couple. God bless you all.
Just know there are people out here who care about you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sharon of Mechanicsville
Apr. 15, 2009 at 07:27 PM

To echo what has been said, I am “friends of friends” of the deceased and they were extremely experienced riders, as is their son, to my understanding. There is more to the accident than what has been reported. A neighbor heard the horrible crash and walked outside (it was still daylight) and saw someone exit a vehicle, look at the aftermath, and speed away. The police know what kind of car and color they are looking for and I think they are just keeping their cards close to their vest while they investigate.
Not to make assumptions, as the delightful and optomistic Mr. Fletcher, but I think it is a DUI or inexperienced driver at fault, not the Joneses. Someone panicked because they had reason not to get caught and fled cowardly. If it were me, I would not be able to live with myself knowing that I had killed 2 people. Whether or not the perpetrators are found, I hope karma catches up to them.
Anonymous of Richmond
Apr. 16, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Just wanted to say that I am with agreement with everyone that wrote. I am not saying I am heartless. I have had so many friends that have wrecked on a new bike. They also had expirience. I just believe there is a lesson to be learned. I feel real bad for the family. Hope they look to the hope that god has given.
Mr. Fletcher of Hanover
Apr. 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM

well, i wrote what i felt and the local took it off because i used profanity towards charels fletcher but um…. “SCREW” you in lighter terms. he was probably the best rider in the wotld. he taught me and my broher how to ride and race and we are both pro in flattrack and supermoto and he was our tuner. i wish he and my mom were here to tell you their piece of mind. and if you think you are a better rider call me and my brother up and we will live on the legacy of bobby jones and race you and beat you. you should probably think before you post stuff. you really mad me mad. call me if you want….
804-432-5473
kenny "their youngest son" of mechanicsville
Apr. 17, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Kenny, Remember it is not ours to question why. There was a higher power making the call that night. They are our angels now and others opinions of the crash, and it’s cause, matter NOT!!..Aung Goolie
Aunt Goolie of Atlanta
Apr. 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Aunt Goolie is right Kenny. And sometimes people say things before they think about how it might affect others, especially their family and loved ones. Just let it go, enjoy everything that Beth and Bobby taught you. Your Mom wouldn’t want you bitter at someone because of their lack of knowledge. They both love you very much.
Sherry of Richmond
Apr. 20, 2009 at 04:09 PM

Mr Fletcher,
I am Bobbys best friend and have only got to ride with him on motorcycles for the last 40 years and for the past 8 years I have been teaching motorcross for the motorcycle safety foundation on the 1 mile long motocross track built on my land here in texas. So your right about me and Bobby only having 40 years of seat time under us on bikes from stock to full blown race bikes and both of us have only been just over 200 mph on bikes built to do so safely and we have only been in a few hundred races in our lives.
So i must thank you for the advice that Bobby and Beth should of been dragging their feet on the new motorcycle that Yamaha built on a custom order for Bobby (and most likely cost as much as your house) as he was getting used to the 200 factory horse power.
You sir surley have saved many lives with your knowledge of riding. Thank you.
Would you please help me when I return to va. in a couple of months . I also have a very powerful street bike that I know you can help me learn the feet drag on.
I Love you Bobby & Beth
Have us a track and shop ready when I join ya’ll
Kirkland Scott Howard
383 soaring Eagle Trl
Soaring Eagle Motorcross Ranch
wichita falls Texas 76310
940-923-8118
Scott Howard of Wichita Falls texas
Apr. 21, 2009 at 10:43 AM

some people just don't know when to shut up

Sounds like another case of a cager taking out a bike!! Of course folks just have to say it was a "high performance" motorcycle just to throw that jab in. This guy sounds like he was one hell of a rider. RIP..........

My thoughts and prayers go out to the remaining family members and firends. They sounded like avid motorcycle enthusiasts that promoted and helped our sport.

Rest in Peace Bobby and Beth.

Mike

What a shame

RIP

To the cager that caused this, I know you will get what is coming to you, I hope you suffer for all of those that you hurt.

I'm Curt Jones, the oldest son of Bobby and Beth. The wreck is still under investigation, but they have discovered that the bike was only traveling 45mph when it suddenly turned right hard. My dad and step mom were avid riders and lovers of motorcycles. This was my dads 3rd Vmax he just absolutely love that motorcycle. They are loved and greatly missed by a entire community.

Live to ride, Ride to live

Curt Jones 15s

Curt, sorry for your lose. May they rest in peace.

Curt,

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Joey

Curt to you and yours my deepest sympathy. I lost my brother in a bike accident 10 yrs ago in july. I know it will hurt forever but things will get better.

Back