Cross your fingers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By now, you are on your overnight stay and hopefully repaired to like new condition. My Thoughts and Prayers are there with you Bro.

Tuesday PM, back home still kicking. Sorry to disappoint.
wink.icon
They gave me the old unit as a souvenir, replaced leads and put in a newer version. Only bad part is they said I can't ride or drive for TWO MONTHS! Damn! He said normal driving activity wouldn't be a problem, but if I have to make an emergency maneuver, it might loosen the leads. They need time for scar tissue to form and lock them in. So I guess I'll have to break out the battery tender and split time with it between the Magna and the VMax. Two months will be right at my birthday, so that'll be a good present for myself. lol

Pics of the old one would be neat, glad it all went well,sorry to hear about the two month wait though.

Seeing that your from California, I can see that no riding for two months can be a problem, so I thought of a solution for you. Print out the attached picture and tape them to your windows. Should fool your mind into thinking that you can't ride anyways. LOL

Attachments

• snowstormpic-2.jpg
    snowstormpic-2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
Seeing that your from California, I can see that no riding for two months can be a problem, so I thought of a solution for you. Print out the attached picture and tape them to your windows. Should fool your mind into thinking that you can't ride anyways. LOL

Hahaha that just might work!:rofl_200:

First, good luck w/the recuperation. Is your unit also a defibrillator? I have seen those in-action, the patient is uncomfortable needless to say but the alternative is nothing to contemplate. From what they were (the pacemakers) when I began in emergency medicine 37 years ago, they have become so sophisticated and miniaturized. They used to look like hockey pucks under the clavicle. Now I take my father-in-law to the tech once a year for it to be checked-out, though they have moved-up the interval since it is close to the lifespan of the unit's battery.

I like 'MaxCruiser's' idea!

I'm trying to think of a good use for the old pacemaker...maybe disassemble it and install a thumb drive? Glue it to your helmet or your bike?

Wait, I have it, here's the perfect display holder for your used pacemaker (and from one of my favorite retailers!):
SIxty-six inches high. $326. You can also use it to hold your helmet and jacket!

5126295201p

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...1b&srccode=cii_18492716&cpncode=30-28192409-2

Glad to hear it went well. That two months is gonna be the toughest part I bet.

What part of Cali. are you in? I'm working on a project in Bakersfield for a while,

If you need me to I'll be glad to take the bikes out for some rehab if need be, haha:biglaugh:

Thanks, Fire-Medic. No, it's not a defibrillator, they use words like "adaptive" and "intuitive" though. I had my aortic valve replaced 5 yrs ago, due to calcification, which also affected some of the pericardium, causing an electrical block to the ventricle. It was picking up exactly every other beat of the atrium, so my pulse rate, though perfectly regular, was under 40. Replaced the valve with bovine tissue (wife says I'm now more full of bull than ever). They put the pacemaker at the bottom of my rib cage and gave me epicardial (sp?) leads, told me later they didn't want to cause extra trauma by the normal method of threading the leads internally. The pericardium requires so much more voltage to activate the ventricle, though, that the battery only lived about half as long. So now they put the new unit up near my clavicle and gave me the normal internal leads. They say the new battery should last 12-15 years. :clapping:
Here is the old unit:

Attachments

• P1010558.JPG
    P1010558.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 10
Holy cow, fifty years ago you'd be a miracle man, a hundred years ago, a God or alien from another world. Keep up the good work. A co worker had quadruple bypass and we brought sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast the next day! And this was a guy we liked!

Holy cow, fifty years ago you'd be a miracle man, a hundred years ago, a God or alien from another world. Keep up the good work. A co worker had quadruple bypass and we brought sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast the next day! And this was a guy we liked!

Sorry you can not ride for the next 2 months, but glad your ok. Thanks for the update. You'll be riding in no time.

Latest posts

Back