"curved" exhaust on a vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDoe8

Reaction score
I understand that the vmax has pipes that go under the bike until the seat area, so we can't get the same look as pictured below. However, are there any exhausts out there that are maybe similar? I've done searches but can only find the regular sportbike-ish can exhaust or the regular cobra 4-4 exhuast and I'm looking for a different look. Let me know your thoughts

**disclaimer** -Not the whole exhaust, Just the general fact that the exhaust has a nice subtle curve to it

08-2308.jpg

lg_5212.jpg

The hard part is getting the rear pipes out the side as well as getting the front pipes around the radiator. Look at Jeff's turbo header in his turbo max thread. You could adapt that header into a collector then route it how you want. BUT, you would have to make some heat shields as this will be very close to your legs (those other bikes have forward controls on them).

Sean

Yeah i wasn't referring to the exhaust being on the side of the pipe, basically just a curved rear section.

I suppose the marving exhaust is the closest to what i'm looking for. They don't make them anymore though! Anything similar?

You could try talking to Mark at Mark's Exhaust as he'll design any type of system that you want.

For the price of a custom exhaust, I'd rather build my own. I was curious if they had any off the self like that. No biggie. I saw a normal exhaust with a turn down welded to it that I liked. I'm just not a fan of exhaust ringing at my ear like the max I rode. Turn downs or curved exhaust does a great job of nullifying this.

I understand that the vmax has pipes that go under the bike until the seat area, so we can't get the same look as pictured below. However, are there any exhausts out there that are maybe similar? I've done searches but can only find the regular sportbike-ish can exhaust or the regular cobra 4-4 exhuast and I'm looking for a different look. Let me know your thoughts

**disclaimer** -Not the whole exhaust, Just the general fact that the exhaust has a nice subtle curve to it

08-2308.jpg

lg_5212.jpg

Ain't nothin' subtle about the curve in those pipes.......

If you are worried about noise in YOUR ears don't make it so loud.....

I love the loudness cruising around. Just when I go on trips I'd rather not wear earplugs. Of course, it would be a heck of a lot easier to just make a silencer for the exhaust when I go on trips. I made one for my buddies Katana and it worked flawlessly. Honestly I can't believe I didn't think of that before.

That is definately a diff look for the max. Just like the 09 it would take some getting used to. I dont think its me but then again like G-pa always said "if everyone thought like me they'd all want your G-ma."

Exactly, bodywork/styling mods can take some getting used to

I always like to photoshop mods I'm thinking of and try live with the picture for a week or two. You'd be amazed at how quickly your thoughts change

Nice photoshop. I defintiely thought it wuold look a bit better than that. I think I like the normal style better! they tend to sound better too

Wow,..that actually doesn't look too bad....How about these...??

Attachments

• side exhaust.jpg
    side exhaust.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 9
  • single turn down.jpg
    single turn down.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 0000_SuperTrapp_Low_Roller_2_into_1_Exhaust.jpg
    0000_SuperTrapp_Low_Roller_2_into_1_Exhaust.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back