DDMtuning.com and LED's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
DDMTuning is now selling a variety of LEDS, They put out 2000 lumens (standard 55w H4 is around the 1000-1500 range), Not like the 5000 their HID produce but still pretty bright.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/LED-Bulbs-Lights/Car-Truck-SUV
I'm thinking they would make a good assy lamp or extra marker light. I ordered a couple for the turn signals in the Dodge along with another HID setup for it too.

Kind of funny that you posted this. I was about to start my own thread, but instead I'm going to highjack yours.

I really like the white LED light strips that are showing up on cars, and needed a winter project. I purchased a set of cheap LED light strips (Blazer Axxent) from a local chain auto store and decided to integrate them into the radiator surrounds. In theory a good idea, but my execution leaves a little to be desired when examining them up close.

I originally thought that I could just cut out a portion of the surrounds and put them in but didn't fit right. I ended up cutting out most of the inside of the surrounds to get them to fit. In order to cover up my hack job I cut out pieces of aluminum to work as inlays, and then used fiberglass resin to hold the lights in and attempt to fill in the gaps and have it flow smoothly. I originally wanted to fit them in flush, but didn't have the space on top and ended up having the tops stick out a tad. The right side came out okay, but I set the left side a little too deep on the bottom and it showed when I placed the aluminum covers on. At that point the lights were already set with resin and thought I would probably end up destroying the setup to try and correct it. :bang head: To cover up the resin work and imperfections I sprayed the area with rubberized undercoating. From 10 feet or 10mph it looks good, up close its pretty shoddy.

With another 2 1/2 months before full riding season I plan on touching up the work a little, and painting the surrounds to try and improve the looks.

I did see the VX-10W on the DDM website but they don't have dimensions posted and didn't want to spend $45.00 on an experiment.

I don't know if the heat will burn out the lights, or how long it will even last. I've learned alot from this, and I'm sure any second attempt will end up better looking.

I also installed the DDM Tuning 55w 6000k HID headlight at the same time. Crazy bright!

2011-12-31_00-33-02_439.jpg

2011-12-31_00-34-54_850.jpg

2011-12-31_00-35-05_631.jpg

2011-12-31_11-50-46_825.jpg

2011-12-31_11-51-04_777.jpg

2011-12-31_00-35-45_45.jpg

Latest posts

Back