Denver area Corbin or Morley Muscle seat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the title said we are wiling and ready anytime you want a seat. There should be people in the general area but best to go to a group event to get a variety of types to check out.

Sean

The Maxgasser gives added back support and is a comfortable design. One long rides I like it better than the Corbin I had. Nothing worse than having a sore butt in the middle of a ride.
Steve

I don't think you can beat Richards work on any seat since he takes great pride in doing them all his self & does not farm them out.

Thanks Kyle , I received A very big complement at thunder when a long time Vmax community pillar asked me (THE MAXGASSER GUY) to do a seat for him, it going to be a pretty cool seat when it's finished . And I do REALLY ENJOY providing one on one customer service , some times a seat takes months and a few conversations with the customer to get it just right . My happiest times are when the asshole boss is ME and it's not right until I SAY SO.

Last edited:
I commented earlier in this thread about the Corbin. After a 5 hour jaunt through the hills the other day I would like to suggest skipping the Corbin and going with one of the higher quality seats offered here.

I commented earlier in this thread about the Corbin. After a 5 hour jaunt through the hills the other day I would like to suggest skipping the Corbin and going with one of the higher quality seats offered here.

I am 6'1 and 250.I have no problem spending 5 hr's on my corbin!We have to keep in mind that the vmax is not a tourer, it was not designed for an iron butt ride.But there is things that can be improved to improve the comfort for an all afternoon ride..I believe the best thing Yamaha could do to make the vmax better on the open highway is to add a 6th gear overdrive.They don't seem to want to do that..

I don't remember your bike looking like that at thunder last year :ummm:
The paint looks great! Love that color.
Thanks Mike, I made a few changes to go with the seat
biglaugh.gif

I am 6'1 and 250.I have no problem spending 5 hr's on my corbin!We have to keep in mind that the vmax is not a tourer, it was not designed for an iron butt ride.But there is things that can be improved to improve the comfort for an all afternoon ride..I believe the best thing Yamaha could do to make the vmax better on the open highway is to add a 6th gear overdrive.They don't seem to want to do that..

agreed. I've also been known to search for that elusive 6th gear..... :) :)

And thanks for everyone chiming in. I'm needing a new seat ASAP (i've done multiple repairs, but after riding ~600 miles this weekend, it's completely falling a part now)... Still not sure what i'm going to decide on. We'll see.

agreed. I've also been known to search for that elusive 6th gear..... :) :)

And thanks for everyone chiming in. I'm needing a new seat ASAP (i've done multiple repairs, but after riding ~600 miles this weekend, it's completely falling a part now)... Still not sure what i'm going to decide on. We'll see.

I went up a size in rear tire to the 170/80/15 and it did make a noticeable difference to the gearing at highway speeds.You might want to try that if you haven't yet!

Back