Dillinger, Daumer, Bundy, Capone and now - Jayhawk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a criminal now. First traffic ticket in over a decade last night. My crime?

Failure to use my turn signal when turning into a Sonic Drive Inn.

I attended a Dallas bike night yesterday, generally attended by hundreds of bikers (mostly sport bikes). Pulled into the lot, and was met by a LEO with an axe to grind. There were probably 20 cops on the lot, a paddy wagon (no shit, with doors open and two cops waiting at the back), an RV out front, and at least a half dozen police cars patrolling the street. (I was looking at them instead of looking for the guys on foot when I pulled into the lot, thus my ticket.)

They were there in force in an effort to shut down the bike night, likely due to the stunting by some people every week. Since they can't catch the guys that stunt, their reaction was to hassle the rest of us by checking registration, inspection, insurance and handing out nonsense tickets like mine.

So, I'll probably get to go to defensive driving class to get this stupidity off my record. As soon as I make bail. And, as soon as I hire F. Lee Bailey to defend me.

BTW, there was one sweet '01 VMax there, chromed out. Frickin' gorgeous bike. Gave him the heads up on this place, and hope he shows up here.

In the immortal words of that wonderful group N.W.A......F@&K THE POLICE:ryb::ryb::ryb::ryb::ryb::th_flipthebird: :th_flipthebird: :th_flipthebird: :th_flipthebird: :stop: :stop: :stop: :stop:

I attended a Dallas bike night yesterday, generally attended by hundreds of bikers (mostly sport bikes). Pulled into the lot, and was met by a LEO with an axe to grind. There were probably 20 cops on the lot, a paddy wagon (no shit, with doors open and two cops waiting at the back), an RV out front, and at least a half dozen police cars patrolling the street. (I was looking at them instead of looking for the guys on foot when I pulled into the lot, thus my ticket.)

They were there in force in an effort to shut down the bike night, likely due to the stunting by some people every week. Since they can't catch the guys that stunt, their reaction was to hassle the rest of us by checking registration, inspection, insurance and handing out nonsense tickets like mine.

So, I'll probably get to go to defensive driving class to get this stupidity off my record. As soon as I make bail. And, as soon as I hire F. Lee Bailey to defend me.
id appeal it say your right i did not us my turn signal...i used a hand signal...in all the years of riding i found it to be much more affective in traffic to make eye contact with other motorist its my life and saftey on the line ...........hand signals are legal to use

Dear Felon :eusa_dance:

That's the kind of crap the NY staties were pulling Americade weekend, aftermarket pipes, handlebar height, etc.

Some local clubs began talking law suit and I guess they've backed off.

Think F. Lee would be a good choice for you--he's successfully defended many an evil-doer. :rofl_200:

Dear Felon :eusa_dance:

That's the kind of crap the NY staties were pulling Americade weekend, aftermarket pipes, handlebar height, etc.

Some local clubs began talking law suit and I guess they've backed off.

Think F. Lee would be a good choice for you--he's successfully defended many an evil-doer. :rofl_200:

I spoke with the manager of the Sonic later on, and he was out handing out flyers trying to keep his customers coming back on Thursday nights, despite the efforts of the Dallas PD. Seems there's a huge opportunity for teamwork available, as there's several adjoining parking lots that are absolutely HUGE, and would afford the kids a place to stunt - assuming the businesses give their approval and associated waiver forms are signed.

Now it's just a place for geezers (like me) to stand around and talk bikes. *sigh* What fun is that? :ummm:

lol you should have known it would be shut down. You get people stunting and wrecking in the streets on a busy road it is just a matter of time. When I read you title I thought you might have been speeding.:confused2: what was I thinking...:biglaugh:

why do i even waste my breath....but your tail between your legs and pay the ticket...like any old geezer would do...or you have to know someone in the courts that will take care of it........

Sucks for you but I can't blame the cops, not for your ticket specifically but for trying to stop that crap.....

After watching that video, that kind of behaviour is simply intolerable on public streets or roads, especially with that many people standing around... The police cannot "do nothing"...although I think undercovers on bikes would be better, it's been done in Houston....that way the actual offenders are targeted.......

A few years ago the Sport Compact crowd got so out of hand on Westhiemer Rd. that it ended up ruining it for ALL the cruiser/hotrod crowd.....The police had to do something and ended up doing a round up and stuffing about 250 people in jail in one night....most charges were dropped but it stopped the activity nonetheless

....essentially a bunch of fucking punks that don't know how to behave ruined a 40 year tradition in Houston......

To me it's not any different than the assholes that piss on the floor and throw thier shit paper in the trashcan in a public restroom making it so that it's almost impossible to find one to use now a days....Their "all about me" behaviour screwed it up for everyone.....

There is a time and place to ride like that and "cruise nights" are not it......

I can't stand imports, but they haven't "ruined" a 40 year tradition... the cops have become less tolerant. You can't tell me that the slow and the curious draw more attention than the droves of young people in v8 muscle cars, mustangs, camaro's, etc. Hell, in the 80's you could street race and if you got caught you got a damn speeding ticket. And that's when cars were still fast. Now you've got kids in honda civic's that run 10's in the 1/8th with loud exhausts that are nothing more than annoying. THe cops can try all they want, but they'll never stop the spirit of motorcycling. Since the beginning of the lifestyle, it was about being free and to some extent downright defiant. If they screw up that bikenight, it'll just move locations. Keep an open ear as to where.

I can't stand imports, but they haven't "ruined" a 40 year tradition... the cops have become less tolerant. You can't tell me that the slow and the curious draw more attention than the droves of young people in v8 muscle cars, mustangs, camaro's, etc. Hell, in the 80's you could street race and if you got caught you got a damn speeding ticket. And that's when cars were still fast. Now you've got kids in honda civic's that run 10's in the 1/8th with loud exhausts that are nothing more than annoying. THe cops can try all they want, but they'll never stop the spirit of motorcycling. Since the beginning of the lifestyle, it was about being free and to some extent downright defiant. If they screw up that bikenight, it'll just move locations. Keep an open ear as to where.

I for one love imports, My wifes 350Z was running 12.50's in the quarter as a daily driver, I know plent of imports running in the 10's in the 1/4, some of them in the low 9's

Yeah the idiots running around with thier fart can exhausts pissing everybody off DO ruin it for everone in my opinion,,,but there are plenty of imports that'll smoke the shit out of your "normal" hotrod

If you ever run up against a 3.0L 3rd gen Supra running 35psi of boost, or a 350Z that's running a S/C, or a little piece of crap civic that's built right, turboed, and pushing 25-30psi of boos, or a bone stock Suburu WRX STI...... you'll get religion real quick...All these cars will smoke the crap out of what we considered to be " fast" cars back in the day......

They say there's no substitute for displacement, but there is..it's called technology and forced induction.....

I had plenty of the "old school" hot rods and quite frankly a 1970 454 SS chevelle or similiar running in the 13's isn't really too impressive by todays standards, most of those cars weighed between 3600 and 4000lbs.

Like the Max thier "Myth" is bigger than the reality......

I had a 1970 Ram Air IV Trans Am which the "following" considered to be severely underated at 370hp for insurance purposes and it'd be lucky to cut a high 12 or low 13 1/4, it weighed 3850lbs

As for behavior, I don't remember people acting anywhere near as stupid back then as they do now, yeah we gathered and had fun, but you didn't see the kind of bullshit back then that you do now,,

At least not in the regularly occuring huge gatherings where all the narcissistic "hey look at me" crap goes on like it does now....

Seems like every body wants to be on youtube nowadays...

It's just like every thing else, the younger generation doesn't seem to know any limits or respect anyone else...

And yes, the cops ARE more pro-active now, when enough people (inoccent bystanders) die due to stupid behaviour on anothers part somethings gotta be done......

Times change for sure. But I will say this... when a cop is following me, I NEVER feel " oh boy, I feel safer, that cop is here to protect and serve me". Instead, I know budget cuts and hi fuel prices gets to police departments as wel, but now adays I truly feel that any cop that follows me more than a mile and doesn't pass me and go on with his patrol, is just waiting for any reason to pull me over. He will check my lights, license plate and sticker, look over my exhaust, and spend as long as he wants calling in my paperwork...... anything to find something he can write a ticket for and make some money for his dept. Traffic patrol isnt about safety, its about intimidation and generating revenue. And my brother was a cop for 12 years, so I have a source for my info.

BTW, here's a news story on the crackdown.

Linkage

The last sentence in the story is interesting, and possibly open to interpretation. According to the reporter, Dallas PD is going to be there, "...until these guys move on."

So, Dallas PD is going to camp out on site, at Sonic, until they manage to run even their law-abiding customers off?

Great. Let's stomp on everyone's civil rights a little more, shall we?

I'm sure that they'll be more than happy to waste the taxpayers money on that bullshit. Dallas has a serious problem on it's hands right now with illegal aliens committing all sorts of crimes that they can't be linked to, and they're worried about bike nights. Fuck dallas PD. They're about as good as the cops in Paris tx that arrested me because i was on my white zx14 and they had just been outrun by a kid on a red cbr600rr. Luckily, my friend's dad is the lead officer for the DA or i would have gotten fellony charges. BTW, I had 4 cop cars swarm up on me in a school zone and a gun pointing in my face. As i was getting off my bike with my hands in the air wondering what the hell was going on, one of them tackled me and cuffed me so hard that it broke the skin on my wrists. It was all whiped off of the record, but i still had to pay bail to get out of jail that day.

Back