disc locks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I had recently been looking at a disc lock for my vmax. My co-worker was telling me " oh you don't need one of those!" It wasn't so much of the theft I was concerned about. Don't get me wrong the theft is an issue. Just not as much as an issue of my 18 yr old son hopping on it while I am gone out of state. He has a little experience riding ,just not as much as you should if riding a Vmax as each and everyone of us know. So just me thinking about my families safety and others around me. You should also do the same! :punk:

G

esp the masterlock ones! they had (not sure if still do) have pics of the vmax on the back of the packaging!

I use one on the rear disk. Just better than nothing since there is no real storage on the vmax.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

My concern with those locks, I just know I will hop on the bike and forget to take it off and brake my shit . :rofl_200:

they come with the strings that can go around your brake lever.

What about disableing the ign circuit in some hidden way?.................................Tom.

Last edited:
I've seen some that are motion sensitive, so if someone rights the bike off it's stand, or the wheel rolls a bit, they start beeping.

How about just stashing the keys, or taking them with you? Seems like an easier way.

They won't be stealing that one anyway. They want the sportbikes.

I've seen some that are motion sensitive, so if someone rights the bike off it's stand, or the wheel rolls a bit, they start beeping.
QUOTE]

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/page1/

They are quite sensitive, and bloody ear piercing!

This is the kind I have. It is color coordinated with 120 decibels. Just right the bike off the side stand and it goes off. Plus it has a cord that goes on the front brake lever. A person would have to be blind and deaf not to notice. Which if you were maybe you shouldn't be riding.
Dave

Pretty sure I heard something that the top 3 most stolen motorcycles were all 600 class sportbikes...the r6, cbr600, and gixxer 600.

I suspect that's partly because there's loads and loads of them out there, so it's probably pretty easy to fence the stolen parts via ebay or other means, and also that those I4 engines are desirable for all sorts of projects...go karts, buggies, ect.

Harleys were fairly far down the list. Probably because the owner never noticed it got stolen, and just hopped on someone else's bike, rode it home, and never noticed the difference. The last person to leave the bar is just left without a bike. We actually saw that happen....this couple hopped on a bike(of course no helmets), and were sitting there for a good minute or two trying to get the ignition to turn on, until they must have noticed some detail that tipped them off it wasn't their bike. They hurriedly got off, realized their bike was parked 3 spots over, and left. We laughed our ass off. Gotta love manufactured individuality.

Harleys were fairly far down the list. Probably because the owner never noticed it got stolen, and just hopped on someone else's bike, rode it home, and never noticed the difference..

now THAT is some ....:rofl_200:

81080307.jpg

Back