drag bars, to be or not to be?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
Really considering buying some drag bars tonight, next hour probly. any feedback from those who have?

Really considering buying some drag bars tonight, next hour probly. any feedback from those who have?

I've been resisting the urge myself. Don't want to extend my reach much further forward than it already is. I saw someone with a set of "risers" that seemed to keep that to a minimum.

I'm interested as well to see what responses you get here.......

had 'em. went back to stock. shoulders aren't the best and over extending on slow speed turns and parking lots kept tweaking them.

like stock just fine.

I like the looks of drag bars, but I know I'd totally hate the stance. Even the stock bars were too far for me, and I'm 6'2". I went with wider / further back with aftermarket fleaBay bars for a Triumph Tiger 650, and I love them. Only $35 too ;-)

I'm running the Python bar which is 2" wider than stock, though flatter. It's like halfway between the stock shape and a drag bar. The ends slightly rise and kick back.

I'm pretty short at only 5'9" and the reach is fine for me, even with highway pegs. Now if the seat wasn't like sitting on the side of a barrel I'd be all set.

I'm running the Python bar which is 2" wider than stock, though flatter. It's like halfway between the stock shape and a drag bar. The ends slightly rise and kick back.

I'm pretty short at only 5'9" and the reach is fine for me, even with highway pegs. Now if the seat wasn't like sitting on the side of a barrel I'd be all set.

I can always count on you guy's, thanx for the input..
Shorthair88............

I have thought about trying them......

Hoping to alleviate my hands going to sleep....leaning forward seems to help.....

An they look cool:punk:

i have clip on's there ok like the look but a bit to far forward
i'm looking to get stock riser and some drag bars
thought it would be a good 50/50 between stock and what i have now

I have thought about trying them......

Hoping to alleviate my hands going to sleep....leaning forward seems to help.....

An they look cool:punk:

That's what I was hoping for too Kyle but it turned out just the opposite....Python bars seemed too narrow, Flanders made the numb hands problem worse so I got a Gen-Mar riser to bring them up and back. This helped some but after a few hundred dollars in experimentation the best set-up turned out to be the Gen-Mar with OEM bars.

I'll sell the Flanders reasonably if anyone is interested.

That's what I was hoping for too Kyle but it turned out just the opposite....Python bars seemed too narrow, Flanders made the numb hands problem worse so I got a Gen-Mar riser to bring them up and back. This helped some but after a few hundred dollars in experimentation the best set-up turned out to be the Gen-Mar with OEM bars.

I'll sell the Flanders reasonably if anyone is interested.
I'd be interested Danny, I want some wider drag bars, how wide are your Flanders? I already have the Python drag bars (27.5" I believe).
Kyle, if I buy Danny's I'll send you the python's to try if you like?

I'd be interested Danny, I want some wider drag bars, how wide are your Flanders? I already have the Python drag bars (27.5" I believe).
Kyle, if I buy Danny's I'll send you the python's to try if you like?

I would very much like that sir.....Thank You and let me know.....:eusa_dance:

Danny.....I appreciate your input.....but I am dense and have to try stuff for myself sometimes......

Actually.......I just think they LOOK cool......and I am hoping I can tolerate them...

Sad, huh????:confused2:

I would very much like that sir.....Thank You and let me know.....:eusa_dance:

Danny.....I appreciate your input.....but I am dense and have to try stuff for myself sometimes......

Actually.......I just think they LOOK cool......and I am hoping I can tolerate them...

Sad, huh????:confused2:

Nah, I was just telling my sad tale Kyle, not suggesting that it would be the same for you. The drag bars seem to work good for just about everybody.....and yes, they look the COOLEST!! :punk:

That is what I have currently, but I needed something a little wider.
Thanks to Danny the wider Flanders are headed my way!
You da man Danny!:punk:

All this talk about bars is making me thirsty......:biglaugh:

Too bad I have to go to work tonight....:bang head:

Redbone......keep me posted!!!!!!:eusa_dance:

Best money I ever spent on this bike. Do it, the stock bars are awful. I didnt realize how bad the stockers were until I installed the drag bars. Dont get the broomstick, get the ones with a slight pullback. You wont regret it.

Mine are like these: http://www.pythonmotorsports.com/vmax/vmax_products/dragbar_black_progrips.htm

I'm running these as well and love them. I think I've had them for somewhere near 20K miles. Not only do I love the bar itself but the grips too.

-

I've got the flat, slight pullback 27" bars UFO sells and really have liked them for 25,000 miles now.

After trying someone elses Flanders bars that were more like 32" wide I definetly like the flanders even better, may have to swap mine out.....

I hate the stock bars, they put me in a "sit up and beg" position and feel like thay take away all sense of real control of the bike...but that's just me

I've had mine on for a little over 12,000 mile and like my body/ arm position with the drag bars much better than stock. It feels much better when turning into corners which is more confidence inspiring for me. I have the python bars and going to try the wider flanders, I hope I like them too Rusty.

I've got the flat, slight pullback 27" bars UFO sells and really have liked them for 25,000 miles now.

After trying someone elses Flanders bars that were more like 32" wide I definetly like the flanders even better, may have to swap mine out.....

I hate the stock bars, they put me in a "sit up and beg" position and feel like thay take away all sense of real control of the bike...but that's just me

"sit up and beg".......exactly.....

I need to lean forward a little bit more.....the seat could stand to be about 2 inches wider....:confused2:

The seating position on my Honda CX650C was ALMOST identical.....

The seat was more like a bucket seat....the reach to the bars was a little more.....

Latest posts

Back