dumb question...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
Ya, ya, I know that we like to tell each other that there are no dumb questions, but that's really not true is it? Any, I'm nearly done putting things back together, and I've got two empty electrical connectors:

IMG_0081.jpg

What plugs into those?

Just disregard them or simply cut them off and wrap them in electrical tape. That confusion always happens to me as well whenever I have things apart. I have found it best to pretend as if they never existed in the first place. To many guys consider the electrical system components to be "soo important", come on lets be serious they are only wires. I have also found it best to have a couple of stiff drinks before I try and diagnose any electrical issues. Hope this helps.

WHOA! Rockatansky!!!!!
Put the diagonals down! Back away from the tool box!! LOL.

Try tracing them back and identifying the component they attach to, or find the male end and simply plug it in. THEN go have that drink. There's also a wire routing diagram in the manual.

I just looked and as near as I can tell it belongs to the gauge cluster or the left or right bar controls IE the blinker/horn/high beam, or the kill/reserve/start buttons.

See, it pays to have your bike torn apart so you can help your buddies index parts and track down wiring.
I'm gonna go cry in the corner while sucking my thumb now.:tantrum:

Turn it on, start it up and something won't be working, follow those wires from the "part" that's not working and you'll find a connector for sure and just plug it it.
Then have a drink.

haha - thanks a lot! You guys are gonna have to call me out if I start seriously abusing this forum. "Hey I want to know the diameter of my headlight but I'm too lazy to walk 15 steps into the garage - someone mind posting it here...?"

That makes sense anyway - I don't have handlebars or components back on yet. I did look around for empty connectors, and thought about tracing the wires, but they just go right into the main harness.

"Just disregard them and wrap them in electrical tape" LOL

If your frustrated enough, just walk away and just have that drink.....My front and rear is still in pieces waiting for replacement parts......damn its warm and I wanna ride too.....guess back to drinking more instead so I dont remember.

Looks like the gauge cluster to me. There should be a red one lurking around there somewhere too.

my thoughts too. looks like the 2x for the instrument cluster. i would look at it from the airbox angle too to see whats going on.

Just disregard them or simply cut them off and wrap them in electrical tape. That confusion always happens to me as well whenever I have things apart. I have found it best to pretend as if they never existed in the first place. To many guys consider the electrical system components to be "soo important", come on lets be serious they are only wires. I have also found it best to have a couple of stiff drinks before I try and diagnose any electrical issues. Hope this helps.

I had the same unused connectors on my 86 MAX "Skyshot". I cut them off after soaking them in Seafoam for a couple of days, and then soldered them together and picked up about 15 yards more distance at a 100 mph practice jump session.

forget about the old headlight do the VRod headlight change out it looks very good!

SHAME ON YOU for subjecting your vmax to such cruel treatment the vmax Gods are watching you when you install Harley Parts on your max, LOL Hell i bet the bike even loses a few more HP and starts to leak oil. LOL JIM

Back