early model damper holder nut size

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
hey i can't find it quick, does anyone know offhand what size jam nuts we need to hold the damper rod on the 85-92 forks? i may not be able to use the impact while the forks are in the bike trick, or it might be modified and just want that option readily available.

its just a what, maybe 24" threaded rod with two jam nuts on each side right? one side to hold the damper one to put a wrench on?

thnx guys

thats why they pay you the big bucks mark.

LoL, I had to look it up in my files. I do have one that I don't need anymore.

LoL, I had to look it up in my files. I do have one that I don't need anymore.
Any interest/ability getting it to me for Saturday install?

Would it be more expensive to ship than make?

Yeah, cheaper to make. Cost me $10 or less I believe. Here's a picture. It's a long piece of all thread so would be difficult to find a shipping box.

Attachments

• dampertool.jpg
    dampertool.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 12
Any interest/ability getting it to me for Saturday install?

Would it be more expensive to ship than make?

Got ya covered Garrett....I have a 15/16" end for the tool I made. Also, it's made out of copper & brass...all non-sparking materials (in case you're concerned about an explosion!! :biglaugh:)

Unless I'm mistaken you'll be coming across I-90 heading west in the next day or two....swing down the TMS and pick it up, or if you have a trailer, give me a call and I'll meet you at the toll booth!

Got ya covered Garrett....I have a 15/16" end for the tool I made. Also, it's made out of copper & brass...all non-sparking materials (in case you're concerned about an explosion!! :biglaugh:)

Unless I'm mistaken you'll be coming across I-90 heading west in the next day or two....swing down the TMS and pick it up, or if you have a trailer, give me a call and I'll meet you at the toll booth!

actually i won't be, but maybe can work something out, i'll let ya know man. i'll shoot ya an email.

Back