Easy way to tow my Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeymustang

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I was looking for an easy way to tow my Max for possible small trips and or brake downs ( I know vmax's never break:biglaugh:). I have no space to store a traliler and I ran across this Hitch like thing on Ebay and the posting even shows it towing a Max.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto...5320892QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Has anyone ever tried one of them?

Thanks!

Mike
http://www.mikeymustang.com

I have seen a platform that attaches to a receiver hitch......I have witnessed 2 dirt bikes on them....

If they make one to hold the weight it could work GREAT......:confused2:

Might be talkin out my butt......, but wouldn't that be hard on the transmission? Spinning the rear wheel without pressurized oil from the engine to lube the bearings??

Might be talkin out my butt......, but wouldn't that be hard on the transmission? Spinning the rear wheel without pressurized oil from the engine to lube the bearings??

The contraption I am speaking of has both wheels off the ground.....:confused2:

Yes, I was speaking of the tow behind unit that leaves the rear wheel spinning.

I have seen those......

I would get a 4X8 trailer before I used one of those.....

Looks like a lot of wear and tear to me also....:confused2:

Boy, I don't know Mikey.....she looks pretty vulnerable out there, hanging off the back! :confused2:

U-Haul has the perfect trailer metal sides, rails , D-rings, expanded fold down ramp/rear gate.... bike is well protected. $35/day.

Boy, I don't know Mikey.....she looks pretty vulnerable out there, hanging off the back! :confused2:

U-Haul has the perfect trailer metal sides, rails , D-rings, expanded fold down ramp/rear gate.... bike is well protected. $35/day.

Only useful if you have a U-Haul place nearby.....:confused2:

i agree with the consensus. i wouldn't trust the tranny (even in N obviously) running that much

if u have a high enough rated hitch i've seen hitches that will hold 600 or 700 lbs of bike. they're not cheap tho. or go danny's route. they also make like the fold up trailers that are basically just an axle and a gutter for the tires. i'd trust that too over that ebay thing.

Yeah, looks pretty scary, dragging the bike from the front tire with just the strap holding it down. It would be a shame if you got there, took the bike down and then found out your tranny was shot. This thing scares me. Go to U-Haul or at least get both tires off the ground.

I think there is an easy solution. You pack it in your wallet, great for whatever ails your ride.

AAA card. Has a flatbed tow truck attached to it. Works just about anywhere there is cell phone coverage.

Less than 100 bucks a year, cheap insurance.

Thanks for the comments and ideas...

I always think of the cheap and easy way out and end up later on just getting what I need and paying 2 times.

The fold up or the "rail" trailer looks like I would be able to store them easily and they are fairly cheap... although the AAA thing was a good idea for break downs I want to be able to take my bike to a nice riding spot and unload it and ride....I know I know just ride it there...I doubt the girlfriend would ride for more than a few hours esp at highway speeds!

Thanks

Mike

i think the ebay thing isn't a bad idea for emergencies. but for towing? def not. i think ur on the right track with the collapsable kind.

or even the single rail that danny has there, $300 - $400 aint bad.

I think there is an easy solution. You pack it in your wallet, great for whatever ails your ride.

AAA card. Has a flatbed tow truck attached to it. Works just about anywhere there is cell phone coverage.

Less than 100 bucks a year, cheap insurance.

Huh??? Are you talking about in the case of a breakdown?

I know a guy that has a hitch mount that holds the bike perpendicular to the car off the ground. He uses his Grand Cherokee to hold it, but the largest I've seen him use was a Honda CB700SC. The truck squats but he's NEVER had an issue with it. He usually hauls his SV1000S or Triumph Triple.

Back