ebay chain drive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice of you to offer that Danny. By the way, how is "Sally" rebuild coming? Pics? Thanks, Patmax.

No problem Pat, I'd be glad to do that.

Sallymax is all done, as of about an hour ago...straightened frame, solid motor mounts and new steering head bearings...she should handle like a new one....I hope!

Good luck with the chain drive ride if you're still in.

Edit: As far as pics...she looks exactly like she did before....you'd think after all that work she'd look better, or different...but she doesn't!

danny. do the carb covers line up with the scoops now?

danny. do the carb covers line up with the scoops now?
No they don't Garrett! The motor mounts are very close, where they were way off before and the removable frame section bolted right up.... but the scoop/carb covers are still off, better but not right still...I don't get it :confused2:

But if she handles like I'm hoping it won't matter. :punk:

i follow. that was like the final non-functional piece of the puzzle. oh well. its perfect otherwise huh?

It looks to be but I won't know till springtime. I think it'll make a good work horse and if I want to go blister the Taconic I'll bring out '99!! :biglaugh:

holy crap the bidding has got out of hand on this bike. Last I checked it was just over 1,600.00 plus 600.00 of so for shipping. For me it would be way out of reality.

Scooter

This guy could have a friend running up the bid for him? Most auctions start to climb in the last hr, not days before it ends. JIM

I'm thinking he's snatching up insurance wrecks and/or repos, then selling them.

He's also got a 600 fazer for sale and guess what? only a bill of sale and no title. So far this cat never had a title on any vehicle he's sold.
That would send red flags in my book. There was come computer geeks up here at the University that were stealing computer parts and selling them on eBay.
what led to them being busted is they didn't really know the value and were putting equipment that was work a few thou on ebay for only a couple of hundred.

One hour to go in the auction.

I just got a call from a friend of mine that tried to run the vin, it did not come up on his system. Meaning the vin I was given does not exist.

I also spoke to the seller of the bike, asked why no title was available, got a "story".

This bike also look very similar to me. Turns out I know the original owner and have riden with him in the past. I know the bike, it is a 1500 tourmaster, and when I saw it several years ago it ran real good.

BUT.... the guy that owned it had and accident on it and is a mess after the accident.

Soo with that said I will not have anything to do with this bike...bad karma.

Thanks for the info B.N. Wow small world in that you actually rode with a past owner. Everything I hear from others about the "seller" is all bad. Did you notice there have not been any recent bids. Well, twenty minutes to go. I hate to see a guy like that prosper. I am sure he'll make out in the end. Karma? Maybe, I had car once that I thought was cursed! Talk at you later Patrick

Soo with that said I will not have anything to do with this bike...bad karma.

All the other stuff aside, this would do me in, too. Can't imagine buying the bike if I had ridden with the guy before and he'd gone down.

Good luck to those that are bidding. Hope it works out.

Well, I came in second place! Does that count for anything? Hope we hear from the winner! Lotsa fun! Patmax

Maybe someone will get lucky, hope so! Just glad it isn't my $2550 that's invested!!

I got an e mail from a guy who had previous dealings with the seller.....he didn't recommend doing business with him at all!

Good luck to the winner! :punk:

Second's good PATMAX..... like me, we got to play but still managed to keep out of the fire!

Oopps we're busted. In my case it's "the shit runneth over and all over the place!" It is usually someone elses job to clean up the messes I make! LOL

I did a bit of research on this bike as well
(talked to John at PCW, gave him some #s from the cases, and it WAS a PCW motor, built sometime before 2000)

Talked to the seller, and got some discrepancies...
Said he ran it till it got up to operating temp (in his Q&A on the auction),
but when I asked why it didn't spit oil out of the missing clutch cover,
he seemed lost for a bit, then said he only ran it for less than a minute...

IMHO, anything the seller says will need independent verification...

I am headed out onto Long Island early tomorrow morning to pick up another VMAX, & very close to where this bike is,
and if the high bidder, or whomever gets this beast,

(Good Luck-too much $$$, & TOO MANY QUESTIONS for my liking...)

would like me to take a look/fire it up/plug the clutch hole & ride it-NOT FAR...lol, I can inspect this MAX, for a reasonable fee.
(...FAR LESS than buying a bad bike could cost...)
I could bring it off the Island as well, bring it to PA, & arrange shipping from here.
(...paying the tolls to get on/off anyway...& have connections with a good, reasonable shipper)

CALL if interested.

(headed out tonight, and leaving EARLY tomorrow morning...)

John
610-509-VMAX(8629)
:eusa_dance:

It also looks like there was some "shill" bidding going on. To many bidders with very low feed back.

You know the old saying "If it looks to good to be true, it is" I think that was the case with this bike.

Now if you guys want a good deal on a chain drive bike, I know one for sale. Just a few bucks more.:smoke000:

I am getting happier and happier I did NOT win! Yes, "Nobody" I will take that other chain drive you spoke of, does it come with a bridge too?:rofl_200:

Back