ebay chain drive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theemax

Reaction score
Last edited:
IMHO, Here's the deal as I see it:

Bike was bought at auction as a insurance recovery.

Guy selling the bike is a wholesaler and has no clue about V-Max's and doesn't care either.

You are NOT going to get a title. But for the right price that doesn't matter.

Bike is a old PCW chaindrive conversion, probably 1500.

Looks to have taken a shot on bought sides, cant tell from the pictures but there maybe frame damage.

This would be a good bike to swap all the good parts to another bike (with a title) and part out everything else.

I live on Long Island, about 30 miles from where the bike is, depending on my work schedule I might take a look at it.

whats with the bracket by the middle gear cover?

OK - Nobody bid on this as I have a bid in. Come on now be a bud, I need this parts bike!

Just kidding, I am bidding on this item but I am sure others will be too. Hope we don't beat each other up though. Thanks, Patrick.

OK - Nobody bid on this as I have a bid in. Come on now be a bud, I need this parts bike!

Just kidding, I am bidding on this item but I am sure others will be too. Hope we don't beat each other up though. Thanks, Patrick.

Patrick,

I will not be bidding on the bike. If I decide to buy it I will cut a cash deal with the seller directly. I will only buy the bike if it is a "GREAT" DEAL, I am only looking to make money with it. If I don't buy it I will give you as much info on it that I can get after I see it. Regardless someone else may buy if out from under both of us.

to quick to judge, but i dont think its right!

Last edited:
whats with the bracket by the middle gear cover?

Isn't that part of the chain drive braceing?

Just a thought.....what if the motors blown? The guy claims to know nothing about the bike so any potential buyer's screwed if he gets it and finds out the motor is trash! :ummm: Yeah...No??:confused2:

The feedback is a turn-off, that's for sure!!

Bob, do you know this guy, or know of him?

Doesnt matter,the carbs are worth a couple grand on their own...If I

A)didnt live a nation away and
B) had enough money to buy it outright

Ide be ALL OVER this things. Running the plate through AAA is easy and will tell you exactly who owned/owns it and what the story is.I REALLY want those carbs but hey,cant always get what ya want.

I say SWOOP on that thing even if it is a rolling court case and part it out...

Just my opinion but dont trust me,Im BROKE!LMAO

Hey there Nobody, you're a good man. I have family in Franklin Square/Elmont area. If I make a deal for it, might I be able to pay you to deliver it there? Or might you be able to store a week or two until I can get up there? Of course this is all premature thinking. I guess we'll have to see. I am guessing swing arm is some recycled sportbike item? what's your take on it?

Latest posts

Back